Who remembers having Subbuteo?

On 25/10/2023 at 17:29, Molotov said:

Leave it unopened. Could be worth something to a collector. Lots of retro things are. That’s my excuse for holding onto things. 😂 

Went looking.  Found this. Pitch in perfect nic too.

20231027_180024.jpg

20231027_175818.jpg

Edited by Sugar_Army

2 minutes ago, Artemis said:

Queens wore white socks in the early 60s.
Photo from the Queens website.

https://www.qosfc.com/history

image.jpeg

Yes, I've seen that before on the Historical Kits site.  We even wore worrying black ones with red tops at a couple of stages.

However, that Subbuteo catalogue was from the late 70s, when our socks were blue.

On 25/10/2023 at 13:36, Eednud said:

Before all of the others there was 

IMG_1790.jpeg

The kitchen table was awash with slevers after a game of that 🤢

My faither drawing pinned the Subbuteo pitch to a sheet of hardboard he acquired. Unfortunately (in the pre-B&Q accurate timber cutting days) it was a couple of inches too narrow, so you had to to take a shy from on the field. Also the only place it could be kept was under my mattress. A lot of effort was required to setup a game!

This show became an essential nostalgia fest for a brief period during lockdown...

On 25/10/2023 at 21:53, BFTD said:

I had to value a bunch of Subbuteo sets and teams for work a few years back - I remember this site being invaluable for working out which team was which, as a lot of them just had the catalogue number on, or no markings at all.

I'd forgotten how, when I was buying the odd team in the late Eighties, you'd get to find out that a Scottish club wore the same colours as a French side, a German team's away kit, and the champions of Peru, at a time when this info was not readily at hand. Not sure if anyone now could quite grasp how exciting and exotic that was to a young football geek at the time  :P

Seething that they’ve missed Aberdeen off the lightweights (No 214).

I’ve written to my MP (he has a ponytail).