Who remembers having Subbuteo?

2 minutes ago, Molotov said:

@subbuteo_paints

if you ever look to recreate the St Mirren kits these are a good resource for the best 20 years of strip design and manufacturers. 

Red numbers on back on stripes though:

https://cairterscorner.com/welcome-to-the-kit-room/the-kit-room-1970-1979/

https://cairterscorner.com/welcome-to-the-kit-room/the-kit-room-1980-1989/

This is why I do what I do...classic strips! And a bit cheaper than collecting original football tops 😉

Numbers on the back (even red on black) would be worth a go and would look great

F6TFaaCXMAArOkt.jpg

Subbuteo was great, loved playign it as a kid, took me ages to paint red diamonds onto Leeds though to get an Airdrie team though. Built terracing out of lego and who knew you could get subbuteo casuals. Also provided the basis for lyrics of a half man half biscuit song.

36 minutes ago, Molotov said:

@subbuteo_paintsyour Scottish national team is a thing of beauty but would be more realistic if you could recreate a balding Archie G and the curly locks of Alan Rough covering his eyes so he can't see Cubillas lining up a shot into the same top corner from the same point - TWICE IN 5 MINUTES

FTFY, not that I'm bitter. 

6 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Subbuteo was much better to look at than play.

Watching a game of Subbuteo was a bit like watching beginner AI try to learn the game. Still probably better than watching Falkirk try to get out of League one last season, so there's that.

Edited by 2426255

@subbuteo_paints That's some top notch miniature painting, most impressive. 

Ignore the Philistines mate, they'll never understand the feeling of proudly holding aloft the three inch Jules Rimet trophy after winning the league with your Morton team that included an Andy Ritchie who's left ankle had to be replaced with a blob of Bostick after a horrendous tackle from a belligerent (and beaten) big brother.

I fucking loved subbuteo. 

I thought this was some bot account or clickbait rubbish, but bloody hell the work of the OP is gorgeous.

I don't have twitter or insta so feel free to keep posting pictures of your work.

World Cup 90 teams and early 1990's Partick Thistle next please ☺️.

11 hours ago, moses1924 said:

Subbuteo was great, loved playign it as a kid, took me ages to paint red diamonds onto Leeds though to get an Airdrie team though. Built terracing out of lego and who knew you could get subbuteo casuals. Also provided the basis for lyrics of a half man half biscuit song.

In my day it was Ken Bailey.

images.jpeg-6.jpg