Killie v Dons

3 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

I definitely see your argument, but I think it was a weak decision. The easy way out.

He did well, but it really was a run of a few weeks. Performances were so-so and quite a few results could have gone either way.

It would have been a great situation to hand to an experienced coach. Group stage football, a bit of money to spend, feel-good to build on. Instead, they gave the job to a guy with no real track record to speak of. Many people said this at the time, it's not just wise after the event. A lot of the mistakes he's making are those of an inexperienced coach.

Also, Robson would have been better off if they'd brought in someone else. He'd have had experience of being a Head Coach, could have gone and continued to develop as a coach, and would have been a good candidate for other jobs coming up. Instead, it looks like he'll be the guy who got sacked with Aberdeen near the bottom of the league, and his next job will be in League One.

I would definitely disagree that it’s a weak decision. You’d struggle to find a board in the whole of world football turning down an interim manager who’d done what Robson had done over the course of three months.

Appointing someone else would’ve been a huge gamble and wouldn’t have been popular at all. We could easily have appointed an experienced manager who would’ve done poorly whilst Robson went elsewhere and performed well. 

Just now, DrewDon said:

Why are we persisting with these long throws? It is an utterly ineffective tactic for us, and it's hardly like Jensen or Gartenmann are peak Rory Delap anyway. 

Was just saying that to the father in law. We've created zero chances from it.

Try putting a cross in or working the ball in.

12 minutes ago, Fide said:

I think I'm OK to post this now - Beyonce, Samantha Mumba, Donnie Munro, Dolly the Sheep, Lily Allen, Willie Miller - your boys took a hell of a beating. 😘

Is Samantha Mumba an Aberdeen fan? I have clearly missed something.

Well that was just a brilliant game!

Great skill on show from the likes of Kennedy, Vassell and a few others. 

Absolutely rock solid defending against a bunch of diving b*****ds. If Duk put as much energy into playing as he does diving about trying to get fouls and cards, he could be a good player.

For ages I've been wanting an easy, simple win with no blundering refs, stupid red cards or last-gasp goals.

Aberdeen looked tired but that's no excuse for how disorganised and ragged they were. 

Thankfully, we took 2 of our chances. On another day we could have had 5 or 6.

Get it right up your Willie Miller.

10 minutes ago, StringVesto Slipher said:

Well that was just a brilliant game!

Great skill on show from the likes of Kennedy, Vassell and a few others. 

Absolutely rock solid defending against a bunch of diving b*****ds. If Duk put as much energy into playing as he does diving about trying to get fouls and cards, he could be a good player.

For ages I've been wanting an easy, simple win with no blundering refs, stupid red cards or last-gasp goals.

Aberdeen looked tired but that's no excuse for how disorganised and ragged they were. 

Thankfully, we took 2 of our chances. On another day we could have had 5 or 6.

Get it right up your Willie Miller.

🤣 

Vassell falls under a strong gust of wind.