Celtic - St Mirren 1 Nov

Can't really argue with the result. Celtic the better team and Hemming had two or three really good saves. 

We put a lot into that game though, so disappointing to come away with nothing. Got to take the positives though, we've again come to Parkhead and competed. 

If I'm nit picking I thought we should've been tighter at both goals. Particularly the second where Holm had so much time to turn.

Someone used the phrase ‘we competed’. That’s definitely a positive. Shame we couldn’t hold out for the point, but beaten fair and square by a great finish is definitely preferable to an old-school scudding or a dodgy decision. No shame in that performance. I am confident that this St Mirren side can be competitive in any away fixture in this league. That certainly hasn’t been the case in so many years gone by. Onwards and upwards as the saying goes.

Just now, Portmahomack Saint said:

That was bloody torture 🙉  Not the game ? listening to Peter Grant he's got to be the most biased commentator ever 

I don't understand why anyone listens to the commentary on these streams.

I always watch on mute.

9 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Can't really argue with the result. Celtic the better team and Hemming had two or three really good saves. 

We put a lot into that game though, so disappointing to come away with nothing. Got to take the positives though, we've again come to Parkhead and competed. 

If I'm nit picking I thought we should've been tighter at both goals. Particularly the second where Holm had so much time to turn.

I think you’re perfectly justified to feel slighted you’ve came away with nothing from that game; for what it’s worth.

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Disappointed that we couldn't show a wee bit more ambition at 1-1 as when we went 2-1 down we showed in that last 10 mins that the Celtic defence could have been gotten at if we'd been just a wee bit more adventurous.

Maybe. But Celtic carved us open quite easily in the closing stages as we pushed for an equaliser. 

Edited by houston_bud

2 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Maybe. But Celtic carved us open quite easily in the closing stages as we pushed for an equaliser. 

They did but we were going all out. I'm not advocating we wentvgung ho when we had something to hang onto but a bit of defending from the front might have made it feel less like a constant barrage.

I thought we were excellent tonight, almost a defensive masterclass. 

We definitely missed Baccus in midfield although Boyd Munce did reasonably well.

Thankfully that's the gruesome twosome out of the way for a wee while.