🔴🟡 Partick Thistle v Ayr United ⚫️⚪️ - Halloween extravaganza

That was a game we should’ve won. Doolan’s subs are absolutely dreadful. No idea why Alston came on as he offers nothing. Then waiting until the 92nd minute to bring on the next sub was bizarre. Williamson offered nothing out wide, McKenzie or even McDonald would’ve been much better options.

Thought the penalty which very questionable, Muirhead looked to he fouled first.

Edited by Reid

I thought we were the marginally better if two shite teams there. Williams had his best game in a while, and Neilson is a really good player. Hopefully Milne scoring will get him some confidence back and get him back to his best.

Not a huge fan of Williamson - he loves to try to look skilful but just slows attacks down in the process. Stanway is much better further back as well.

Doolan is obviously still an inexperienced manager, and I’ve already written this season off as “we’ll lose in the promotion playoffs at best,” but he really needs to be learning from things like that tonight. 

A game we should have seen out, but didn't. 

Definitely 2 points dropped from a Thistle perspective. Played okay at start of the second half before we tried to invite Ayr onto us.

Blair Alston? What's the fucking point? Did we think we were getting Liam Polworth? I'm going right off Kerr McInroy too 🤣

Thought Thistle looked lethargic in the first half, and were ball watching. Ayr had most of the ball but did nothing with it. That all changed when Thistle scored. They came back in to the game and dominated for spells.

Nothing was sticking up front for Ayr, Rose was making better clearances than the Thistle defence at times. Ayr didn't create much but managed to score twice and nearly managed a third. We gifted our standard two guilt edged chances, The first, Albinson slipping the ball centrally, straight to the toe of Graham and Syla's fresh air swipe followed by Ahui ball watching then giving a shrug as Lawless tapped it in. 

6 weeks ago we would have lost that though. 

Our second 2-2 draw in a row where we haven’t looked great. I thought that the Muirhead penalty was a terrible decision, but that Bryden was onside for the disallowed goal, so those decisions probably cancel each other out.

Two poor teams and an even worse referee, who in addition to the two glaring errors above, had a night where he got just about everything wrong and only served to enrage both sets of fans.

It’s a damning indictment of the quality of teams in this league that we’re still 3rd.

Think it sums it up that there were 4 goals scored and the penalty was probably the highest quality of the lot.

Ref was horrendous.

Frustrating that McKenzie came on and had more influence down the left in what little time he had than Williamson for the whole match. Doolan seems to make most subs super late on in games.

Milne had an odd one, culpable at the first Ayr equaliser but he grew into the game and ended up bullying Chalmers on and off the ball.

Williams was fine at right back but (understandably) cautious, he did try making runs wide right but we were either too ponderous to find him or players didnt want to look for him and he played it pretty safe as the game went on. Good in some ways if he's not comfortable as a right back, but it hamstrings us a bit. Really need McMillan back there as, imo, Lawless was subdued and needs McMillan to combine with to get the best out of both.

Didnt feel like a huge amount of time was added on despite multiple stoppages? Doubt we'd have created anything unless it was via McKenzie, but still...

Ref booking Stanway right after an Ayr player got away with something similar summed his night up.

Actually thought Rose up front had a decent game 😂 not super imposing or Akinyemilike, but still put himself about well and generally gave Ayr an outlet, imo he was let down more by not having a good foil as Chalmers in particular was anonymous. All about opinions and tbf I never thought he looked like scoring, but he's not the worst forward I've ever seen. Our track record of making shite strikers look good (Joe Dodoo, Calvin Zola...) may be colouring my judgement tbf.

McInroy blew hot and cold but wasnt too bad, did win the ball back confidently several times which is what we're sorely lacking, just that Abdul Osman/Isaac Osbourne type that wins challenges constantly.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

8 hours ago, jagfox said:

Strange that the referee, Ross Hardie, was in charge of the Musselburgh Athletic Vs Clyde game last night as well as tonight?

Both Linesman were also called Ross,not sure what the significance of that was  either .

We should have won that last night with the chances we created first half. Team selection let us down.  

The two dumplings we picked up front missing a sitter each.  If we had Bryden and Amartey start you'd think they'd have at least converted the McKenzie empty net chance.  

Thought Reading was excellent, either learned his lesson or Lawless was rubbish, bit of both most likely.  

The big calls were both right IMO.  Clumsy from Muirhead and Bryden was offside at the ruled out 'goal', barely anyone around me celebrated.  

15 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

We don't do draws

maybe I've just jinxed it and it will be a draw but to be honest, I'd take one just now

Jinx confirmed. 

Both teams looked pish, so seems about fair, I can't believe either of us are in the play-offs spots right now. Adeloye should have been on way earlier, don't understand why he doesn't get more game time, ok Graham scores a lot, but given the game time Adeloye gets he's got a decent return as well.

Cannot be fucked with being pumped off Arbroath again, feels like it was only recently that happened.