St Johnstone's Next Permanent Manager 23/24

Who will be St Johnstone's next permanent manager?  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

Jack Ross would be a good fit , he did well with St.Mirren in the championship 

Hes spoken before about not wanting to be a manager again.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Tam Courts?

Did he actually do that well at United?

My memory is he benefitted from following a manager their fanbase hated, and then got out at the right time.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

My memory is he benefitted from following a manager their fanbase hated, and then got out at the right time.

Aye the clubs you expect to be about the the top 6 were all having a stinker also.  They went in to free fall however once he left. The way I see saints at the moment though the usual safer pair of hands isn't going to save them so a different option might need to be tried.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes spoken before about not wanting to be a manager again.

Did he actually do that well at United?

That's not strictly true. Mellon did a good job in stabilising the club for a while and grinding out results. The major issue with him was that the football was eye-bleeding at times. I wouldn't say many were sad to see him go, but we didn't hate him.

Courts was an interesting one though - full business wankspeak interviews, but got the results on the pitch. There is still a feeling that he may have been a one season wonder, and him moving on was the right decision (despite our subsequent choices).

You either go for a merry go round type manager to try and hope you’re competitive or go for a good prospect like Murray or McCabe to try and build longer term.  I’d go for the latter.  I’m not convinced Neilson would take it although I’m not sure where else he realistically goes? Motherwell if they go another losing run? 

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Scott Burns saying 3 names to be discussed are David Martindale, Robbie Neilson and..... Billy Dodds.

Why would Martindale go from Livi to St. Johnstone?

Surely wages, budgets etc. wouldn't be that much different.

2 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Surely wages, budgets etc. wouldn't be that much different.

You think?

People under-estimate our set up IMO. We can comfortably pay multiple players 6 figure yearly salaries, have a 10k+ stadium, have 3 training pitches at our stadium and over £3m in the bank, which we've shown a trusted manager can have access to.

Martindale likely gets scope to rebuild the entire backroom too to fit what he wants.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You think?

People under-estimate our set up IMO. We can comfortably pay multiple players 6 figure yearly salaries, have a 10k+ stadium, have 3 training pitches at our stadium and over £3m in the bank, which we've shown a trusted manager can have access to.

Martindale likely gets scope to rebuild the entire backroom too to fit what he wants.

Not in anyway wanting Martindale! But think he needs to eventually move away from the Livi Gig to get away from the Mr Livingstone/ do everything he carries about hm! Mabey a chance to be just a football team manager and see how he gets on! 

Also some murmurings Livingstone's new investors have missed a payment!         

Edited by Center half