St Johnstone's Next Permanent Manager 23/24

Who will be St Johnstone's next permanent manager?  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You think?

People under-estimate our set up IMO. We can comfortably pay multiple players 6 figure yearly salaries, have a 10k+ stadium, have 3 training pitches at our stadium and over £3m in the bank, which we've shown a trusted manager can have access to.

Martindale likely gets scope to rebuild the entire backroom too to fit what he wants.

There may be more in it, yesterday was probably the worst abuse he's ever gotten from our home support. A guy came over to the dugout giving him abuse and Martindale was trying to talk to him about his reasoning behind subbing off Bruce Anderson :D Although Martindale did come out and say post-game that we should be aiming to win 30% of our league games per season, and that'd be a success - which it is if survival is the aim.

I think he'd drive you absolutely mental though, we've gone through spells of 1 year with no away win, 10 away games without a win, the last 2 games with 1 shot on target (a penalty), questionable subs and starting lineups and bottling top 6 on the final day two years in a row. I still want him to stay on with us as there's no one better for the job given the budgets but with higher expectations I think he may struggle a bit. 

He's not the kind of guy to get a Clark/May scoring again and shitfest games. You'd end up with him playing someone like Dan Phillips up front and punting long balls up to him and turning Chris Kane at wing back. He plays favourites to an immense scale, Nouble is undroppable and he refuses to play Stephen Kelly, so I'd imagine someone like Kucheriavyi would end up out on loan to Partick in January.

18 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Worth pointing out a few weeks ago Martindale said he was 'going nowhere unless he was told he was'. Zero chance our board let him walk for free to a relegation rival surely

He seemed completely fucking scunnered with you lot post match tbf.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

He seemed completely fucking scunnered with you lot post match tbf.

He's turned down Fleetwood and Bradford in the past to stay with us, and apparently a few bigger clubs. It'd be some day to be on Livi forums if he does go :D think a few folk will be panicking at how pissed off they were compared to a possible outcome of him going.

We'll end up with someone like Yogi again 

54 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

There may be more in it, yesterday was probably the worst abuse he's ever gotten from our home support. A guy came over to the dugout giving him abuse and Martindale was trying to talk to him about his reasoning behind subbing off Bruce Anderson :D Although Martindale did come out and say post-game that we should be aiming to win 30% of our league games per season, and that'd be a success - which it is if survival is the aim.

I think he'd drive you absolutely mental though, we've gone through spells of 1 year with no away win, 10 away games without a win, the last 2 games with 1 shot on target (a penalty), questionable subs and starting lineups and bottling top 6 on the final day two years in a row. I still want him to stay on with us as there's no one better for the job given the budgets but with higher expectations I think he may struggle a bit. 

He's not the kind of guy to get a Clark/May scoring again and shitfest games. You'd end up with him playing someone like Dan Phillips up front and punting long balls up to him and turning Chris Kane at wing back. He plays favourites to an immense scale, Nouble is undroppable and he refuses to play Stephen Kelly, so I'd imagine someone like Kucheriavyi would end up out on loan to Partick in January.

TBF Tommy Wright had us on some poor runs, and we had Tam Scobbie in centre midfield under him too. Assume its a quirk you get with these managers who can grind out results, they go mental every so often.

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Billy Dodds with Yogi as his assistant is clearly the dream ticket here

Billy Dodds and Mark McGhee dream team as we relegated Dundee.

34 minutes ago, perthsaints99 said:

Martindale the clear front runner.

Martindale comes to Saints, Livi get their 12 point deduction for admin and we, by default move off the bottom.....

All joking aside, it seems all might not be well on the sale of Livi, so maybe Martindale would be more tempted if saints sounded him out than he might have been a few weeks back. 

16 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Martindale comes to Saints, Livi get their 12 point deduction for admin and we, by default move off the bottom.....

All joking aside, it seems all might not be well on the sale of Livi, so maybe Martindale would be more tempted if saints sounded him out than he might have been a few weeks back. 

Think you've bitten on one of the multiple fake/troll accounts we've been getting over the last year and a bit. Always the same few ones talking about troubles with the court cases and now the takeover - of note they have particular issues with Martindale and John Ward. There's nothing to suggest that the takeover has anything wrong with it. 

Pretty sure one of them was outed as having a connection to one of the people Livi were taking to court as well :D 

I'd be objectively fascinated to see Neilson get the gig. I'd love to see how he approaches getting a side out of trouble. Reasonable chance he could do it, but also a chance he gets massively found out.

I think Martindale probably keeps St Johnstone up, probably at Livi's expense, so he'd be the obvious choice in that respect.

Billy Dodds would be magnificent entertainment for everyone else but an absolute disastrous appointment.