Morton v Raith Rovers

31 minutes ago, Craigus said:

I see the Queensferry Crossing will be closed by the time Rovers fans are heading up the road, so it'll be a detour via Kincardine. 

The Kincardine Bridge was closed over the weekend to enable the replacement of a section of roadway, no guarantee that's complete, may have to go via the Clackmannanshire Bridge.

16 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The Kincardine Bridge was closed over the weekend to enable the replacement of a section of roadway, no guarantee that's complete, may have to go via the Clackmannanshire Bridge.

Quite right- I see that's the suggested diversion. Hopefully won't make much difference at that time! 

As mentioned earlier in here would like to see us continue with a similar setup to Saturday. Far more solid with the thee at the back. When O’Conners fit again keeping the three at the back and French going to RWB is an attractive option as well. Really need to sort out our home form but would take a point now if offered. 

23 minutes ago, GMFC89 said:

As mentioned earlier in here would like to see us continue with a similar setup to Saturday. Far more solid with the thee at the back. When O’Conners fit again keeping the three at the back and French going to RWB is an attractive option as well. Really need to sort out our home form but would take a point now if offered. 

Would rather O'connor take Broadfoots place when he is back.

1 minute ago, madton said:

Would rather O'connor take Broadfoots place when he is back.

True but canny see it. And as good as Wilson was at RWB on Saturday it’s not his natural position and will get exposed by better teams. 

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

No, it was on the original fixture list, along with our home game on a Tuesday against them in February.

Correct, plus we are playing Friday so Wednesday was not an option.

We have looked more solid recently and while Wilson is generally seen as a midfielder he stated recently he is happy to play right-back if he gets a start. Has come on a lot in last three games, after a poor start, so don't see this being as big an issue as it was a Starks Pk.

Will be tight but going for 2 v 1.

On 30/10/2023 at 10:07, Rael Rover said:

Raith TV hope to do audio coverage. During Covid the Morton ppv stream was quite good with excellent co-commentory from Andy Ritchie.

Are Morton doing a PPV stream tonight? I can't see anything on their website about it. Presumably they'll have a stream for their subscribers, but the minimum subscription seems to be for half a season.

The SPFL Matchcentre website doesn't show any future fixtures, so I assume it's defunct now. Anybody know any different?

If none of the above are options, is there anywhere else to watch it?

If Connelly and Easton aren't deemed fit to start, instead of playing McGill on the wing again I'd either put him in the middle, either as the 10, or pushing Stanton there with either of smith or Vaughan on the left or put him at left back, with dick at centre back and pushing brown and Stanton both forward one

27 minutes ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

If Connelly and Easton aren't deemed fit to start, instead of playing McGill on the wing again I'd either put him in the middle, either as the 10, or pushing Stanton there with either of smith or Vaughan on the left or put him at left back, with dick at centre back and pushing brown and Stanton both forward one

Agreed. If you can't change the eleven, I'd be moving Smith out onto the left wing and tucking McGill back alongside Byrne. 

Let Vaughan engage the back three with Stanton between the lines, while Smith and Mullin occupy the wing backs. 

Not a must-win tonight but definitely a must-not-lose. Same lineup as Saturday if possible, my only worry is that we really have no option to rotate the strikers between 3 tough games this week.

If we reach the same level of performance as Saturday we'll be fine.

4 hours ago, alistairlow said:

Are Morton doing a PPV stream tonight? I can't see anything on their website about it. Presumably they'll have a stream for their subscribers, but the minimum subscription seems to be for half a season.

The SPFL Matchcentre website doesn't show any future fixtures, so I assume it's defunct now. Anybody know any different?

If none of the above are options, is there anywhere else to watch it?

PPV is not allowed any more.

28 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

PPV is not allowed any more.

I'm happy to be corrected, but I'm pretty sure that's only true of UEFA's "blocked hours" on a Saturday afternoon. For example, Raith TV streamed our most recent non-Saturday home league game (Partick Thistle, Friday 5th May 2023) on a pay-per-view basis. Maybe the agreement has changed since last season, but I don't think so.

Anyway, if Morton aren't offering PPV tonight that's their right and fair enough. What I'm asking is: is there any way for somebody that can't make it to Greenock tonight to watch the game? Ideally making Morton money while doing so.

Looking forward to tonight. A win would be huge for us at a ground we’re generally shite at. Similar to Somerset, I’ve been to Cappielow loads but I’m struggling to think of a win I’ve seen, but there must be a couple. I’m like a broken record at this point but we could really, really do with Hamilton back but even if he’s fit, there’s little chance he’s fit enough for much more than half an hour. 

Connolly in for McGill or Mullin for me. Straight swap, don’t really even mind which of the two it is. Mullin had probably his worst game in a Rovers strip at the weekend there and McGill isn’t a left midfielder. Connolly is an upgrade on both of those, needs to start - and I think he will. 

I drove through to my pals near Glasgow earlier and the Kincardine Bridge was shut. Had to go out the top of Dunfermline through Oakley etc then over the Clachmannanshire Bridge. Imagine that and the M8 route will be very busy through rush hour.