GREENOCK MORTON v PARS

We lost five home games all of last season and we've already lost four out of five so far in this one. That needs to stop here, we're back into must win territory. If you've taken 6 points from 9 this week with the 3 dropped being against the second best team in the league that's a platform for the turnaround to start, any less and we're still a team with only one win in 10 who aren't picking up enough points to get out of this mess.

One game at a time will be the attitude of the manager and players which is fine, but realistically we follow this up with a trip to Firhill then Dundee United at home. Anything less than a win here and we're seriously facing already being cut adrift in early December and playing catch up by the time we're playing Inverness & Queen's Park. A win puts us right back into the pack and confirms Dunfermline as a team we can realistically finish above, whereas going six points behind with them having a game in hand would make that look a tall order already.

The fixture list really hasn't been kind with us getting the extra game here, but I don't see much we can do in the way of rotation. Power deserves to be dropped but Gillespie has done nothing to deserve taking his place.

A goal for us please. I'm thinking 1-1.

Looking like Bene/Breen are out again, so will be a makeshift defence yet again. Put that together with strikers who just aren't scoring & I'm fearing the worst.

Looking back at the 3-1 game in October, this was our line-up. Tomorrow night won't be too dissimilar I suppose, with Matty Todd & KRH on the bench & Deniz in goal. I'd maybe bring Wighton back in to replace Jak as he has the ability to sneak a goal away from EEP.

No idea where Summers is. So that maybe Moffat drops in to replace him?

DUNFERMLINE: Harry Sharp: Aaron Comrie, Sam Fisher, Ewan Otoo: Chris Hamilton (c): Michael O’Halloran, Ben Summers (Paul Allan 90+5), Joe Chalmers, Josh Edwards: Craig Wighton (Alex Jakubiak 68), Lewis McCann (Owen Moffat 74)
SUBS NOT USED: Miller Fenton, Taylor Sutherland, Max Little (GK).

Edited by da_no_1

Feel as though tomorrow would've been a good time to have Alex King about. Power can't start but Gillespie is not the answer. Think it's gone under the radar just how poor French was on Tuesday as well, I'd sit him out to go with a back 4 with Wilson at right back. No idea what to do with the midfield but I'd like to see Oakley and Muirhead both through the middle again. No major changes needed, just have to start getting the basics right and if we can't do that at home to the teams around us then we're in big trouble.

16 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

We'll start on the front foot, pars score the first goal and then we'll resort to hoofball. Eventually we score and the pars go on to win 3-1. Dougie will come out and say how that's fitba and the players have worked really hard for him.

Away win.

Don't know if you got the memo or not but we don't score goals mate

Tough to call, obviously 3 losses on the bounce isn't ideal and our record at Cappielow is appalling. I think Morton having to play only a few days ago will have an impact and the Pars will run out 2-1 winners.

We need to start finding a way to score goals, against the Rovers on the weekend we created plenty of chances but nobody showed the composure to finish the moves, that hopefully changes here. 

If we can’t take advantage of Morton playing 3 games in such a short space of time, then we have some big problems. Morton were absolutely dross in the EEP game, but given it is at Cappielow, we’re definitely underdogs as the place is a complete curse on us. 

Having Matty and KRH involved is a big plus. Expecting a narrow defeat and some pressure to build on McPake.

3 hours ago, par-adise said:

Genuinely the least interesting tie of the weekend for the BBC to pick. Assuming they just needed a token match not involving Dundee Utd/Partick/QP. 

Other than the day we won the league in 2011 and a snow game in 99/00, I don’t think there’s been many memorable games between the teams.

BBC showed Pars v Morton at EEP last time we were in the championship and that was a completely forgettable game as well. I don’t know who’s in charge of these decisions. They’ve not chosen any Fife derbies, yet choose Morton v Dunfermline.

Only reasoning I can imagine is that, for some reason, someone expected either us or Morton to be entertaining to watch when they picked the game. That person needs to find a new job, if so.

We've played Morton on BBC Scotland twice recently, both games were dreadful with the 0-0 at Cappielow being particularly awful. 

There have been memorable games though, Morton scudded us during Yogis tenure, I'm sure they remember that fondly. Meanwhile our win against Morton earlier in the season has been our best performance of the season. 

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Other than the day we won the league in 2011 and a snow game in 99/00, I don’t think there’s been many memorable games between the teams.

BBC showed Pars v Morton at EEP last time we were in the championship and that was a completely forgettable game as well. I don’t know who’s in charge of these decisions. They’ve not chosen any Fife derbies, yet choose Morton v Dunfermline.

Only reasoning I can imagine is that, for some reason, someone expected either us or Morton to be entertaining to watch when they picked the game. That person needs to find a new job, if so.

They picked a rather forgettable Fife derby where Raith humped us 5-1 and also one the following season when the floodlights failed under Peter Grant. I think they did show the rearranged game that was maybe a 1-1 draw? 

25 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

They picked a rather forgettable Fife derby where Raith humped us 5-1 and also one the following season when the floodlights failed under Peter Grant. I think they did show the rearranged game that was maybe a 1-1 draw? 

I was just meaning this season, to be fair. I know they’ve shown a couple in the past.

We need to forget any 'three games in seven days' pish excuses, come out to try and dominate the game, score first, and require fourteen or fifteen players to run themselves into the deck.

Another defeat here and we're in all sorts of trouble; from the reverse perspective, a win pulls Dunfermline and a couple of others right back into the mix.

Biggest game of the season so far, without a doubt.