Dundee Utd v Inverness CT

Saturday sees a resurgent Caley visit Dundee Utd, a team ailing in their precarious position at the top of the league.  Having won their last couple of games 6-0 and then 2-0, United are clearly on the way down and Caley will be heavy favourites.  Will the United fans be bothering to turn up?

JK LOL.  I'd be delighted with a point in this game - it's obvious that United have the best squad in the league and if they don't run away with the title it would be a big surprise.  However, we have improved under Ferguson and have kept two clean sheets in a row.  The other end of the park is more of a concern - our leading goalscorer in the league is Nathan Shaw with two goals and we've scored seven goals in nine games.  Wotherspoon and Sheridan are experienced players to add but not sure that they will be the difference here.

How is Duncan Ferguson viewed at Tannadice?   Obviously it's decades since he left but I think he's still the record transfer fee received by United and had a good record there.

Early season definition of a title decider, we cant afford giving DUtd a 22pt advantage if we are going to win this league with Duncball!!!

A point would be a good result, big concern is if we concede its hard to see us scoring more than one

Not sure Docherty will be back for this but Tillson alongside Sibbald would be an effective pairing as was shown last night.

Moult up front and I imagine Watt dropped back and Glass benched.  Just keep doing what we’ve been doing so effectively under Goodwin.

Ferguson is a big thug and I’d really like us to derail any progress ICT have made to date under his management.

Oh, and another clean sheet please.

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

How is Duncan Ferguson viewed at Tannadice?   Obviously it's decades since he left but I think he's still the record transfer fee received by United and had a good record there.

Also scored the winner for us the last time we won at Parkhead.

Duncan Ferguson is a bit of a legend in my eyes. Loved his time at United and his brief spell at Rangers aside, I enjoyed watching him play for Everton and Newcastle. Shame he fell out with the SFA and didn't play more for Scotland.

Not sure about him as a coach but hope he does well for ICT. Obviously not on Saturday though. 

For what it's worth, I think we'll win fairly comfortably.

3-0 United.

16 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

Duncan Ferguson is a bit of a legend in my eyes. Loved his time at United and his brief spell at Rangers aside, I enjoyed watching him play for Everton and Newcastle. Shame he fell out with the SFA and didn't play more for Scotland.

Not sure about him as a coach but hope he does well for ICT. Obviously not on Saturday though. 

For what it's worth, I think we'll win fairly comfortably.

3-0 United.

Same.

One of the best forwards we ever produced - hence the record fee.

He may have been a thug, but boy was he an entertaining one!

Edited by ArabFC

10 games played less than everyone else and we're playing the champions elect away from home. with virtually zero chance of gaining on those above us.  Lovely stuff.

I have a bad feeling about this.  2-0 Dundee Hibernian.

3 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I had it in my head we got more money for Gordan Petric?

About 1.5 million for Petric. British transfer record for Ferguson, about 4 million, which seems mental now. Think it paid for the East Stand.

The stuff about Ferguson being a thug does him a disservice, he was a very good player with a brilliant touch. Should have achieved more but injuries, and the judicial system, hindered him a bit.

Edited by Gibby82

2 hours ago, low-life said:

Loved big Dunc. Mind going to U18 games around then when we had some fantastic young players coming through. Cleland/Badger/Mckinnon/Bollan/Mclaren/Connolly/Dailly and no doubt quite a few others.  Good times. 

I have a photo from the back of the Sunday Post when we beat Rangers at Ibrox on his debut. 

Carnage in the United end with Jackson running to us followed by Badger and big Dunc eventually  on top of Jackson's shoulders.

Loved that guy.

Screenshot_20231102_220853_Chrome.jpg

14 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Goodwin confirming that Docherty will be out for this.

This would be a concern, but would still think we should have enough about us to get the three points.

Docherty has been excellent - can't fail to be anything other than impressed (although does seem a bit injury prone). Presumably he's not always been as good as this as his career would have taken a rather different trajectory to the one it's been on.