• White Pudding
  2. 2. 1st Round continued

• Beefburger
    • Chipsteak
  3. 3. 1st Round continued

• Smoked Sausage
    • Chicken

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/11/23 at 14:17

Looking at that list from the original thread is interesting. I don't know what half of this shite even is

Sausage - acceptable
Mock Chop - tuechtar shite?
Haddock - acceptable
White Pudding  - tuechtar shite?
Beef Burger - somewhat acceptable
Chipsteak - tuechtar shite?
Smoked Sausage - unnaceptable
Chicken - unacceptable
Steak Pie - unacceptable
Black Pudding - somewhat acceptable
Pizza - acceptable
Haggis Pudding - acceptable
Red Pudding - tuechtar shite?
King Ribs - tuechtar shite?
Scampi - acceptable
Mince Pie - unacceptable

https://brignews.com/2020/10/09/your-guide-to-the-scottish-chippy/#:~:text=However%2C these items can be,be great differences between establishments.

"In Orkney, you can find a Pattie supper in every chippy. Described as “battered mince and tatties”, Patties are made up of mince, potato, onion and spices melded together, coated in batter and deep-fried. Each fish and chip shop have a unique recipe, and many have other versions such as cheese and onion."

Now that sounds excellent.

17 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

https://brignews.com/2020/10/09/your-guide-to-the-scottish-chippy/#:~:text=However%2C these items can be,be great differences between establishments.

"In Orkney, you can find a Pattie supper in every chippy. Described as “battered mince and tatties”, Patties are made up of mince, potato, onion and spices melded together, coated in batter and deep-fried. Each fish and chip shop have a unique recipe, and many have other versions such as cheese and onion."

They are tremendous, I usually get the Pattie as a replacement for chips. Possibly my fav chippy item other than a breaded haddock....

2 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Ii once ordered a cheeseburger supper and what was presented scarred me for life. 

It was a burger with cheese in the middle of it, battered and deep fried. There wasn't a roll in sight.

Baby don't hurt me. Don't hurt me. No more.

Jucy McLucy

46 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

They're not. In fact, the worst chip shop meal I ever had was in Kirkwall. 

1 hour ago, Jives Miguel said:

Looking at that list from the original thread is interesting. I don't know what half of this shite even is

Sausage - acceptable
Mock Chop - tuechtar shite?
Haddock - acceptable
White Pudding  - tuechtar shite?
Beef Burger - somewhat acceptable
Chipsteak - tuechtar shite?
Smoked Sausage - unnaceptable
Chicken - unacceptable
Steak Pie - unacceptable
Black Pudding - somewhat acceptable
Pizza - acceptable
Haggis Pudding - acceptable
Red Pudding - tuechtar shite?
King Ribs - tuechtar shite?
Scampi - acceptable
Mince Pie - unacceptable

^^ Never been in a Chipper

5 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

If you're going into the chippy and leaving with anything that isn't chips, fish, battered sausage, pizza, pickled onions/eggs, yer a wrong un.

5 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Interesting thought process here.

13 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Wtf even is a white pudding or chipsteak? And who is getting CHICKEN from the chippy? Fucking tuechtars, I swear.

If you're going into the chippy and leaving with anything that isn't chips, fish, battered sausage, pizza, pickled onions/eggs, yer a wrong un. End of discussion.

Not sure if you're on a wind up - sausages you get from a butcher (smoked sausage would, however, be more than acceptable), pizza from an Italian pizza establishment.  

5 hours ago, hk blues said:

Not sure if you're on a wind up - sausages you get from a butcher .  

Unless they're from a chip shop. Those sausages come in microwavable sleeves from Farmfoods.

Edited by Derry Alli

21 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Comfortable victories sees the progression of the burger and smoked sausage suppers respectively to the quarter finals. 

Aye, nae wonder, when you have ignoramuses who have never even heard of a chipsteak. let alone eat one, cast their votes.  I think votes from those who have frequented a proper chipper should count double.