What was Michael Matheson actually doing ?

superbigal

11 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Has Matheson ever viewed such arrangements at Ibrox? Pittodrie? Tannadice? Pick anywhere you want beyond Parkhead of Firhill if you like…

I suspect these sort of "visits" only tend to happen at high profile events, but the mention of Ibrox is definitely valid and I have no idea.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Clearly had a sneak preview 

His resignation comes ahead of the publication of an investigation into the incident by the Scottish Parliament Corporate Body

Mr Matheson has been found to be a lieing b*****ddd.  We recommend he is fired.

Edited by superbigal

After throwing his kids under the bus I'd love it if the final denouement was that it turns out he's had no idea as to how to tune into the fitba, he's got them to do it for him and then told them to 'f**k off and gie me peace' and they've gone and grassed him up to the Commisioner with the true story...

12 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

After throwing his kids under the bus I'd love it if the final denouement was that it turns out he's had no idea as to how to tune into the fitba, he's got them to do it for him and then told them to 'f**k off and gie me peace' and they've gone and grassed him up to the Commisioner with the true story...

You're getting mixed up with Greg(g) Wallace.

53 minutes ago, strichener said:

Probably needed the payoff company to pay for his mobile data usage.

A Cabinet minister gets approximately £45k a year more than a standard MSP. 

The bulk of it will be taxed at 45%, so using the assumption that all of it is and plus the 2% NI payable, you're looking at an extra £23,800 after tax. In practice it'll be more than that as about 8k of it will be taxed at 42%, but I can't be arsed working out the difference. 

The story broke 3 months ago, leaving Matheson just under £6k up on where he would've been had he resigned then. That'll close the majority of the £8k gap between the £3k paid from expenses and the amount the Scottish Government was initially going to cover. 

With Sunak and Starmer both taking flak today he's probably tried to bury this one. Once again showing the strategy doesn't work. 

4 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The bulk of it will be taxed at 45%, so using the assumption that all of it is and plus the 2% NI payable, you're looking at an extra £23,800 after tax. In practice it'll be more than that as about 8k of it will be taxed at 42%, but I can't be arsed working out the difference. 

The story broke 3 months ago, leaving Matheson just under £6k up on where he would've been had he resigned then. That'll close the majority of the £8k gap between the £3k paid from expenses and the amount the Scottish Government was initially going to cover. 

With Sunak and Starmer both taking flak today he's probably tried to bury this one. Once again showing the strategy doesn't work. 

https://www.thesalarycalculator.co.uk/salary.php

Let someone else do the working out.

Did his office still pay £3k of it?  I thought he was paying the whole £11k back.

5 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Michael Matheson quits

Quits his elevated position but will still be troughing away to a lesser degree. With the stock answer to scrutiny in Holyrood being 'what about Westminster'  a Jim Devine type punishment  would be more appropriate 

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

I was refering to the £12k he will get for resigning.

6 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Sickening the rewards for abject failure and deceit.

Indeed, like Liz Truss taking a £115,000 a year pension for her disastrous time in office.