Forfar v Clyde

A dreadful game between two dreadful teams. A moment of quality from Connor Young should have been enough for us to see it out but Gunn gave away possession far too easily to let them rifle in an equaliser. Need to get the finger out and get a manager in the door but he’s certainly got a job on his hands. Not seeing the praise for Forbes, he waddles about and is painfully slow in everything he does, deliveries poor too. A man down as far as I’m concerned.

6 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

A dreadful game between two dreadful teams. A moment of quality from Connor Young should have been enough for us to see it out but Gunn gave away possession far too easily to let them rifle in an equaliser. Need to get the finger out and get a manager in the door but he’s certainly got a job on his hands. Not seeing the praise for Forbes, he waddles about and is painfully slow in everything he does, deliveries poor too. A man down as far as I’m concerned.

I thought your team fell away when he was subbed. He can't run -- never could -- but he has a clever football brain. Some of his passing was really good and very nearly scored a wonder goal. 

1 hour ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

This.

The board should've been asking questions in the summer about his signing policy. I never want to see either Robson or Moore in midfield again, nevermind together. What a torturous watch, yet again.

I actually don’t mind Moore so much in midfield, but still think he’s been better at LB. He hasn’t looked as lazy as he did before, at least in my opinion. Robson on the other hand, I liked him when he first signed but he’s been going so far backwards and has been so poor.

Happy to see Thomson back, probably should have scored with his chance but finishing has never been his strong point.

4 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

I actually don’t mind Moore so much in midfield, but still think he’s been better at LB. He hasn’t looked as lazy as he did before, at least in my opinion. Robson on the other hand, I liked him when he first signed but he’s been going so far backwards and has been so poor.

Happy to see Thomson back, probably should have scored with his chance but finishing has never been his strong point.

Moore has been with us for what, four seasons now? What has he done in that time? What is he good at? He's hopeless.

Brindley was outstanding today. I'm never sure why he gets so much criticism. Decent left backs are so hard to find at this level.

The team selection was probably right given the absentees and we were the better side. Some decent performances from Forbes, Scullion, King and my MotM Grant.  A stunning goal from Young. Only two points from the two games against Forfar is poor given how they've gone.

I feel for Gunn, plenty of others who you would expect to be to blame when we inevitably concede late. Just a poor touch in a poor area of the pitch, punished with a deflected (obviously) shot.

We just need to scrape as many points as we can in the next few weeks and hope January is a miracle. I'd be amazed if Forfar were out of sight by then so we should still be in touch with a couple of teams.

On 10/11/2023 at 19:10, Clyde01 said:

Worth noting to anyone travelling up for this that contactless payments haven’t reached Forfar yet. It’s shillings and ha’pennies on the gate only. 

My guess is that electricity and broadband haven't reached Forfar yet.  It is north of the Castlecary arches.