Terrible patter on the forum

Of course we know what gammon means and who it accurately describes, it's top tier when they try and turn into some apparant race thing but I must say it does entertain me when old red faced people on the left use the term whilst looking like a prime slice themselves. 

5 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Gammonati is the correct usage. 

Referencing a certain type of Daily Mail readership. Tory voters, racists, homophobes and, in Scotland specifically, sectarian fuckwits. 

You've missed the "utterly seething" element. You know, the financially comfortably guys with few problems who rage bitterly about irrational nonsense that's never affected them in any way.

Like the big dawg @J_Stewart (once again) correctly says, its puns.

Id gladly have a pint with 97.4% of the posters on here and the 2.6% are mostly made up of TPB. That's 'the pun brigade' for those interested.

The remaining few I'd never share an alcoholic beverage with are @Ric and @wastecoatwilly.

Don't mind the occasional pun or a Kenneth Williams, but folk fairly kick the arse out them.

I quite like all the other P&B tropes. Most of it is unique to this particular forum and makes it what it is (a bunch of folk talking utter shite about football and life)

Spoiler

Thank you

15 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Don't mind the occasional pun or a Kenneth Williams, but folk fairly kick the arse out them.

I quite like all the other P&B tropes. Most of it is unique to this particular forum and makes it what it is (a bunch of folk talking utter shite about football and life)

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you

ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-camping.gif

Pretty sure i started using the Overuse Of Thank You At The End Of All Messages thing in work for a while at my last job. Previous manager pulled me up (gently tbf) when i ripped the arse out of it and combined it with Milkygemposting.

Something like

"Hi X,

Yeah, dont worry, i can confirm i ordered in all of the socks on that list you gave me.

Many thanks

Best wishes

Kind regards

Thank you"

Was just bored at the time iirc, also went through a phase of opening most emails/internal communications with stuff like "Ahoy there me hearties!"

Understandably they ended up checking to make sure i wasnt talking like a sea pirate with external suppliers. In hindsight i kinda wished i had, but alas it was just normal, boring, professional pish with them and mental bullshit i hit out with for colleagues purely to amuse myself and see how far i could, to quote another p&b trope, keep pushing.

Also liked sneaking the odd STRONGLY ADVISE in from time to time about stock quanitities for emphasis.

Ah, p&b. Ye have influenced me so very much through the years.