Chip Shop Scottish Cup Final Tie

Cosmic Joe

Chip Shop Scottish Cup Final  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Chip Shop Scottish Cup Final

• Black Pudding
    • Battered Haddock

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/11/23 at 13:58

It's the final of the Scottish chip shop cup between Battered Haddock and Black Pudding, which has no chance.

(Obscure reference for Jags fans).

This will be a hounding though. Black pudding to enjoy its day out, perhaps get a couple of consolation votes and celebrate these wildly. 

3 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

There's a reason there's loads of fish & chip shops and absolutely zero black pudding & chip shops.

There's also a reason why there have been loads of Tory governments in Britain in the last 100 years, but that doesn't justify it as the best option either.

The crucial failure to identify which black pudding is being assessed here makes this vote a sham, and a fraud... and a sham.

stop-the-count-fb78891b36.jpg.73c27385b684b6f6b24f91277af14fb9.jpg

McCaskies of Wemyss Bay/McLeods of Stornoway stomps all over all haddock. These are facts.

Edited by vikingTON

NB: Top marks to Valerio's in Lanark for their excellent, (local butcher's) slice supper which I had last weekend. This should be the mandatory option in all chip shops, rather than the sawdust and mashed up Dalmatian heads that some folk prize as a sausage supper. 

11 minutes ago, virginton said:

NB: Top marks to Valerio's in Lanark for their excellent, (local butcher's) slice supper which I had last weekend. This should be the mandatory option in all chip shops, rather than the sawdust and mashed up Dalmatian heads that some folk prize as a sausage supper. 

image.thumb.png.f8c085979ccbb727009b33526cb76605.png

Does it say "famous slice supper" above the door? 

4 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Black pudding all the way. Fish gives me the boak.

Exactly this. There's been a lot of divisive issues discussed on P&B over the years but this could be the one that finally splits the forum into cans and cants. If you voted haddock then your a total cant.

50 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

image.thumb.png.f8c085979ccbb727009b33526cb76605.png

Does it say "famous slice supper" above the door? 

The fact that they've moved on from their obvious boomer option to adding vastly superior alternatives to the menu rather undermines your 'argument' there champ.

Being famous and popular is only  instructive if you also believe that the Spice Girls or Ed Sheeran are objectively superior tastes. 

5 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Hopefully Haddock got its traditional end, and the vast majority of tickets

East, obviously.

Eta: I voted haddock, but now that I think about it I'm fairly sure I've opted for black pudding over fish most recently. 

Edited by Hedgecutter