Pars vs Rovers Part IV - Box Office

Cardle is Magic

Well that was humiliating. We can’t even blame the ref for a change. Rovers out classed us all over the place. I can’t believe any Pars fan can defend that tonight. 
if we don’t get a striker and a CB  in January, then we better get some buckets and spades in the club shop. McCann ball watching for the second goal, Chalmers was his usual poor self, Jakubiak has pace and little else. 
Ach! I’m no saying any more here, I’ll just wait and see who thinks that was good enough 

Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

Absolutely embarrassing performance and result. Were really struggling at the moment and it’s painful to watch.

Well deserved win for Rovers and good luck in the next round.

Thank you. Your sportsmanship is much appreciated 👏👏👍

Where to start? Too many players not good enough (Mehmet, Chalmers, Allan), too many players not on it (McCann, Jakubiak, Edwards, Fisher), too many players who don't like the physical stuff (Chalmers, Allan, Moffat) and too slow and passive pretty much everywhere on the park. Ayr was bad but tonight was worse. Any credit McPake had in the bank is close to gone now, and he's really pinning his hopes on Todd and Ritchie-Hosler getting up to speed and being good enough at this level. If that doesn't happen then he's got a fight on his hands to stay in the job IMO.

Raith the total opposite to us tonight, and the three other close games look like aberrations based on that showing. Pacy, direct, physical when it's needed, players knowing their roles and doing the simple stuff well - all the signs of a well coached team. They are probably the best team in the Championship and its only the fact Dundee Utd will grind out results that will mean they don't win the division. Nobody will fancy playing them in the play offs, or more pertinently for this thread, in the next round of the cup. 

Absolutely battered them. Makeshift back 3 worked a treat. O'Reilly was superb considering he's not had a club all season and Brown and Millen were also tremendous at the back.

Sam Stanton is the best player in the championship please get him signed up on a new deal Rovers.

Congrats Raith, thoroughly deserved that win. By far the better team on the night and we were lucky it wasn’t more.

Even at 3-0, I thought they had a decent penalty shout, when Mehmet came charging out and took out the attacker, Collum somehow gave a goal kick.

We just weren’t at the races at all. Big Hamilton bullied our defence all night. Stanton and Easton controlled the midfield. For us, I’m not sure anyone really hit the required standard. Everyone was poor.

Rovers are by miles a better team. I think the other games we have managed to compete well but tonight we didnt and Rovers played to the level they can. Rovers were better all over the park and we look like we havn't solved our lack of goal threat from the relegation season. Our over reliance on young players is a worry as well. You can see tonight McCanns lacking confidence and he seems to be our first choice striker.