Scotland vs Norway 19th November 2023

MarkoRaj

No Haaland, Odegaard, Nyland, or Sorloth. Outside a couple of superb players, the rest are very average.

This has all the hallmarks of a reality check in the past…

If we fix the issues from Thursday, I’d be confident in winning by 2+ goals. I’m really expecting a performance and a great send off.

12 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

No Haaland, Odegaard, Nyland, or Sorloth. Outside a couple of superb players, the rest are very average.

If we fix the issues from Thursday, I’d be confident in winning by 2+ goals. I’m really expecting a performance and a great send off.

I was just trying to look into Sørloth, as saw he was in the original squad but then didn’t play on Thursday. 

Their next back up striker still has 4 in 14 in La Liga, so they probably have three strikers (at least) better than ours right now. 

2 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Disappointed as I wanted to see Haaland and Odegaard in the flesh but I suppose it’s better for our chances of winning.

Everyone who saw them both in June came away in love with Kenny McLean, so I don't think you'll be missing out on much. 

image.thumb.jpeg.6507e9799eca3bb8194b543349efe61c.jpeg

Probably a few too many changes but hey, it was a poor performance on Thursday and some of these changes improved us. Hendry was a strange omission so I'd bring him back in, Ferguson and McLean did alright from the bench the other night and I think Shankland will get rewarded for his goal. The rest are just changes for changes' sake to replace players who didn't perform to their best. 

Depends what Norway do given their injuries. We've seen they mostly play a positional game, I don't expect that to change against us - so we can either try and out-compete them using the same strategy or do something else. I'd be tempted to play more aggressive, energetic and physical football and less careful, controlled, possession play. 

I think we'll see more of the latter because we've not had much training time due to travel and we're trying to improve our on the ball play against good teams. I'd like to see Armstrong start and I have a feeling Ferguson will play from the start in this although that's not really based on anything.

Edited by 2426255

1 hour ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

I’m not confident of beating anyone by 2+ goals tbh.

I'd start Clark in goals again.  He did OK the other night and IMO wasn't at fault for either goal.  There's no point constantly going back and forward between him and Kelly. Let him keep the back-up to Gunn status for now unless/until he has a howler.

In the meantime, I hope Armenia give Wales a doing this afternoon (although I fear they won't).

Something to keep an eye out for at the game tomorrow.

Steve Clarke’s EURO 2024-bound Scotland team will showcase the new tournament ball – the adidas Fussballliebe (Love Football) – for the first time in our final qualifying match against Norway on Sunday, 19 November at Hampden Park.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scotland-to-use-new-uefa-euro-24-ball-fussballliebe-against-norway/

image.png.acc73b81e5a061c9e656d6178a693a1d.png

Edited by 2426255

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.6507e9799eca3bb8194b543349efe61c.jpeg

Probably a few too many changes but hey, it was a poor performance on Thursday and some of these changes improved us. Hendry was a strange omission so I'd bring him back in, Ferguson and McLean did alright from the bench the other night and I think Shankland will get rewarded for his goal. The rest are just changes for changes' sake to replace players who didn't perform to their best. 

I'd be happy with that, although I'm never overly fussed what players are playing.

McLean played at left-back instead of bringing on Doig so that makes me wonder if he'll be considered although maybe it would be fair to say the reasoning was partly to save on substitutions. I'd still have McGregor (or Gilmour) instead of McLean just for control and Taylor over Doig.

Edited by 2426255