Scotland vs Norway 19th November 2023

MarkoRaj

It really is an indictment on Scottish keepers that Zander Clarke manages to be the third best we have behind a guy that preferred England for the majority of his life and a keeper that's about to turn 41 and has been out injured for the best part of year.

Abysmal options past Gunn.

I can see Clarke is trying to give some game time to everyone here, since he can afford to and it means that he gets a good look at them.

That is a fucking horrendous line-up though. This is going to hurt my eyes.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It really is an indictment on Scottish keepers that Zander Clarke manages to be the third best we have behind a guy that preferred England for the majority of his life and a keeper that's about to turn 41 and has been out injured for the best part of year.

Our goalkeeper choice is utterly shite just now outside Gordon (hopefully) and Gunn. If we ever get to the stage where Kelly has to be first choice, it doesn’t bear thinking about. We had an abysmal array of defenders not that long ago, so we should have a couple of decent keepers come through in the next few years. Please.

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Our goalkeeper choice is utterly shite just now outside Gordon (hopefully) and Gunn. If we ever get to the stage where Kelly has to be first choice, it doesn’t bear thinking about. We had an abysmal array of defenders not that long ago, so we should have a couple of decent keepers come through in the next few years. Please.

Bring back David Marshall. 

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

100% 

Clark is a bang average Scottish Premiership keeper at best.  There's nothing after Gunn.

Maybe going for a more aggressive start than the possession based start in Tbilisi?

Good to have J-AF on comms again. 

Going for the 1-0 win perhaps.

I actually quite enjoyed Thursday's match. Hopefully we can get the 3 points tonight.

5 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Jacob Brown - one goal against Gillingham - over Shankland...

Jesus wept.

Jacob Brown was in the original squad, whereas Shankland wasn’t. I’m pretty sure that’ll be in Steve Clarke’s thinking.

Sadly (very, sadly) missing this one but happy enough that I've been at all of the home games so far. Probably the greatest qualifying run I can remember - topped off by that comeback in Oslo and rattling the Spaniards.

Let's finish this in style. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿