Scotland vs Norway 19th November 2023

MarkoRaj

4 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

1-1  imo.

It's probably been asked (and answered) before but recent events caused me to wonder,  by what stretch of the imagination is Israel in Europe?

Is it because it's in Eurovision? Or could it be money? Ah! , there's my answer.

If you think that's bad, wait til the next couple of years when Saudi teams are in the Champions League. 

8 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

If you think that's bad, wait til the next couple of years when Saudi teams are in the Champions League. 

At least I'll be dead and gone by the time Musk sends a Martian team to the World Cup....

Edited by cyderspaceman

56 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

1-1  imo.

It's probably been asked (and answered) before but recent events caused me to wonder,  by what stretch of the imagination is Israel in Europe?

Is it because it's in Eurovision? Or could it be money? Ah! , there's my answer.

Watched something on it a while ago and if memory serves they were booted out of the AFC as a lot of Asian countries reject Israel and would just withdraw from competitions, rather than play them. Sure it led to them nearly qualifying for a World Cup despite having not played a game. 

22 hours ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

Frustratingly,  it would actually be better from the perspective of getting an easier group to be in pot 3 as it’s fairly likely Holland, Croatia and Italy could all end up in pot 3.

Totally agree. Projection for Pot 2 if we’re not in it is AUSTRIA/TURKEY/ALBANIA/HUNGARY/DENMARK/ROMANIA OR SWITZERLAND. In a neutral venue with our best X1 on the pitch I would fancy our chances against all of them.

Pot 3 projection IS US/CROATIA/HOLLAND/ITALY/SERBIA/SLOVAKIA OR SLOVENIA. I would fancy our chances a lot less against three of those sides. Obviously with games still to be played it might not turn out exactly like this, but these projections are the best available as things stand

These Pot 2 imposters are only there because not a single one of them faced any of the 5 big hitters, the 5 pre-tournament favourites, in their qualifiers (unlike Holland, Italy and us)

An easier group in Germany must be preferable to the short term kudos of making it into Pot 2. Shrewdo that he is, SC will play for a one-goal win tonight. 

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

I think we'll win the game tonight relatively convincingly. I don't see a huge case for Norway getting anything out of the game.

We’re starting Shankland and the manager is already talking about it being a meaningless fixture (though I think he’d probably like to take those words back).  We may even rotate the keepers, and give Doig a debut.  I can see us losing in the name of experimentation. 

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

We’re starting Shankland and the manager is already talking about it being a meaningless fixture (though I think he’d probably like to take those words back).  We may even rotate the keepers, and give Doig a debut.  I can see us losing in the name of experimentation. 

It is a meaningless fixture, that's not up for debate - but it won't be meaningless for the players playing especially trying to get into the Euro's squad. I think it will be something similar to the Denmark game during World Cup qualifying just in terms of an occasion.