George Galloway derby

MazzyStar

It's odd to see Qos fans hoping for a heavy defeat, and I can't see that happening in any case. I'll be happy with a narrow United win and no more injuries.

Think Jack Newman will be in goal, jack Walton was kept on the pitch last Friday needlessly having been injured.

One thing I'll agree with home supporters about: having watched Marvin Bartley's post match interview last week, he talks without thinking of the consequences. It would have been interesting listening to his approach in the dressing room this week.

12 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

... One thing I'll agree with home supporters about: having watched Marvin Bartley's post match interview last week, he talks without thinking of the consequences. It would have been interesting listening to his approach in the dressing room this week.

^^^ Indeed, my thoughts also!

8 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

We should win, obviously, but even if we do it won't be easy. That's not how we do things. Well, unless we're playing Partick Thistle.

Strangely our mob actually beat Thistle earlier in the season at Firhill, just shows how batshit crazy fitba can be ... although it was the Diddy Cup tbf so Thistle maybe put out a B team.

So, what team does or can Bartley field tomorrow, injuries, accidents and discipline permitting?

Strangely we have performed better against higher level opposition who tend to come at us. Efe has had his better performances against these teams where he just does the basics of defending and doesn’t have his Beckenbauer/Hanson moments where he tries to come out from the back weaving his way through half the opposition.

Like most I’m expecting to lose this but think (hope) it will be a good tight game.

8 hours ago, bod said:

So, what team does or can Bartley field tomorrow, injuries, accidents and discipline permitting?

Strangely we have performed better against higher level opposition who tend to come at us. Efe has had his better performances against these teams where he just does the basics of defending and doesn’t have his Beckenbauer/Hanson moments where he tries to come out from the back weaving his way through half the opposition.

Like most I’m expecting to lose this but think (hope) it will be a good tight game.

No chance of a good tight Cup Tie. 

Another easy away win.

As expected more away fans than home any tiny bit of feel good factor has long gone at Palmerston 

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

What would be a decent 3 or 4 pub route between station and ground?

Can't really go wrong en route tbh. Loads of 'old man' pubs to choose from that are decent. If you go via Newall Terrace you'll come to Fleshers which can be ok if there's folk in. If you go the other way (past the Waverley, which is also fine as well but I'd imagine that'll be your go to after the game if you're getting the 18:38 train) you'll end up going up English St. Dickies isn't as good as it used to be but should still be ok during the day (it's a youth centre at night). Go a bit further and go to The Barrel though, cracking wee pub. The Queensberry is across the road from there; that's a more modern type bar (well it was, I'm assuming it's the same since it reopened). 

Got speaking to a United fan a couple years back who said he never visited Dumfries without going to The Hole in the Wa', so I'd imagine there will be a decent number of Utd fans in there on the High St. Decent pub as well. The Tam O'Shanter is just along from it (if you leave out the back) which is another good wee boozer. 

Cavens Arms on Buccleugh St does a good selection of Ales and grub or just go via the Vennel from The Wa' as there are a couple of pubs down that way as well. Dougie Arms is wee but good folk run it. 

Cross the devorgilla bridge and you have a selection of 4 wee boozers within arms reach of one another. All decent the last time I was in and about a 10 minute walk from the ground. Be surprised if you don't end up in one of these ones before heading. 

TL;DR. You can't really go wrong in Dumfries during the day. Plenty of options and most bits are fine for a day sesh. 

Logan, McKay & Walker in for us.

Houston & McKechnie drop to the bench from last week's starting XI.  Ferguson not listed at all - is that due to the terms of his loan?

Ambrose, McGuffie & McClelland keep their places despite Marvin's post match ranting about them last week.

Pundits on Sportsound Open All Mikes having a field day taking the piss (unsurprisingly) out of Bartley and Queens here ... and naturally, we only go and equalise against the run of play ... Scottish fitba 🤣🤣🤣