🔴🟡Thistle vs Airdrie🔴⚪️ - 2nd December 2023

Diack hits the back of the net from a corner. No away player, apart from the hapless keeper, seemed near him.

Lovely goal for Ricco on his league starting debut.

Questions will be asked amongst the away support though.

Edited by jagfox

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

A pleasing half where we’ve been by far the better side.

Diack has been very impressive thus far. 

Could have/ should have a hattrick 😀

Team are putting the effort in but not much coming from the visitors. They aren't bad, like say Morton, just not much in the final third.

Airdrie dominated that second half without really penetrating the defence of creating an awful lot - the goal aside, I think there was only one chance where I thought we might concede. A lot of the possession was John Hughes style tippy tappy nonsense. 

A good win overall. Fitzpatrick again very impressive, as was Diack until he went off. If he continues to improve he’ll have a very decent career. I also enjoyed Sneddon‘s control of the box - he came out and claimed a few balls to relieve pressure brilliantly.

Our second goal was worthy of winning any game, tbh. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

This game provided one of reasons why it's very important to analyse stats and don't take them literally. Thistle 2 up at half time with only 1 shot on target!

Really was nothing between the sides but whilst there was nothing we could do about the deflected 2nd I'm sure the manager will be wondering why we had a 5' 8 defender on 6' 2 attacker for the 2nd. That apart the facts are that we now have only 1 win in our last 7 games despite them all being very close.

Strange one, still feels like we hung on by the skin of our teeth in the end but at the same time Airdrie generally looked incapable of creating anything 2nd half. They should have snatched a draw with the shot dragged wide, and we didnt seem coherent up front so we were too disjointed to have much threat - great run by Stanway aside, probably could have squared it and itd have been 3-1. Understandable given it was pretty ad hoc after Diack got injured. They didnt seem to have anyone that could cross the ball (ballooned a couple right out of play) so despite having what felt like about 90% possession after 2-1, they couldnt quite get through in the middle and couldnt threaten out wide either.

Diack looked great, big lad but also showed some real flair. Own goal for the 2nd i thought, good run by Fitzpatrick however it looped in.

Milne coming on helped hugely, Williams generally did well yet again despite being out of position. Interesting we went to a back 5, wonder if Doolan believes we can confidently switch to that from time to time going forward.