🔴🟡Thistle vs Airdrie🔴⚪️ - 2nd December 2023

6 minutes ago, 9queens said:

Thought Airdrie probably deserved a point. Totally dominated the 2nd half. Nice passing team.

Good to win another tight one especially as we were mince 2nd half.

Not too sure about that, but agree that the three points are all that mattered. 

Airdrie had plenty of the ball but didn't do a lot with it.

Happy to see out the game with a win and Ricco had a deserved MotM.

We seemed to get progressively poorer as the game wore on, at least in terms of keeping some kind of pressure on the Airdrie half.

That's understandable due to having to end the match without a striker and a knackered Fitzpatrick up front instead, but I felt McInroy showed poor retention of the ball when he came on and the ball kept coming back to the (largely impressive) back 4 due to the lack of quality shown in midfield.

In the first half we saw some excellent combinations between McMillan and Lawless, but I though the Airdrie left back did well in limiting any end product from that side. Fitzpatrick was explosive at times in the first half and Diack, at the very least, matched the kind of presence we're used to from Brian Graham which is some turn for a boy making (I think) his first professional start.

I'm enjoying Williams more every week at left back. Granted we've had a favourable run of home games against the dregs of the division, but we've looked a good bit less vulnerable down that side since he came in and the way he rolled off challenges today was beautiful to watch. From Piccolo to Pirlo.

5 hours ago, JagsCG said:

The decision won’t have been taken by Thistle, but by the police and/or G4S. To my mind it hasn’t happened at any other games at Firhill this season.

It's different if there is trouble in the confines or the stadium or area owned by the club,   Airdrie are responsible for example any issues trouble wise like cove a couple of years back because it was in their property so to speak..

The streets around Maryhill are fair game,  the old bill didn't help much to disperse home fans with a baying mob. (I know FFS it's too much) waiting for the Airdrie fans outside the ground and on Garscube rd,   It was snowballs at 20 paces right enough..

Hopefull our SLO can get all over this...

Had some good post match banter with some luvvies post match in the bakehouse and Cooper's,  The world is truly going mad...

Think a draw would have been a fair result but if Partick are the team sitting at 3rd in this league I’m sure we’ll be absolutely fine.

We’re a decent striker away from being a very good team but we should still be finishing chances. 

Absolutely love the thistle support forcing a derby between us. Desperate as it gets 

29 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Think a draw would have been a fair result but if Partick are the team sitting at 3rd in this league I’m sure we’ll be absolutely fine.

We’re a decent striker away from being a very good team but we should still be finishing chances. 

Absolutely love the thistle support forcing a derby between us. Desperate as it gets 

A derby? With FC Nazi? Only in your empty head.

Typical Jeckyll and Hyde Thistle performance yesterday.In almost complete control in first half and should have been 3 or 4 ahead.Second half was a mainly dithering/nervy mess after losing a goal and we have Airdrie's lack of a decent striker and a commanding performance from Sneddon to thank for the 3 points in the end .

We really need ,dare I say , a Docherty type in midfield breaking up play and not afraid to take knocks...Banzo's just not up to it anymore and needs to be a priority in January window .

10 hours ago, Mingus2000 said:
17 hours ago, jagfox said:

Airdrie fans kept behind for security reasons...

Is this Thistle’s standard treatment of away fans or a privilege reserved for the evil Airdrie?

Just the Vile Diamond as far as I know, mate.

Morton were on that side of the main stand so might have been issues with both supports coming out at the same point when we played them.

Moving to that side was due to issues when the home fans behind the goal were coming out at the same place as away fans normally come out.

A lot of bollocks really.

22 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Just the Vile Diamond as far as I know, mate.

Morton were on that side of the main stand so might have been issues with both supports coming out at the same point when we played them.

Moving to that side was due to issues when the home fans behind the goal were coming out at the same place as away fans normally come out.

A lot of bollocks really.

Seems like the thistle fans can’t be trusted to respect the visiting fans. Quite poor that your own club has to acknowledge it.

The issue was with the police.

they requested that the club keep the away fans in the main stand because they spill out onto firhill road and the two sets of fans walk directly into each other 

last time there was trouble on firhill road between the sets of fans, and I guess the police weren’t happy with the resource they wasted sorting the problem and wanted something done this time. 

The reason I guess it doesn’t happen with other fans is simply that only thistle and airdrie fans seem to get into it with each other before/after these games.

20 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Seems like the thistle fans can’t be trusted to respect the visiting fans. Quite poor that your own club has to acknowledge it.

I froze my nuts waiting before the game, but no Airdrie Bois turned up at The Nolly for a sore face.

Very disappointing...

2 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

Hahahahaha 

1 hour ago, I Clavdivs said:

We really need ,dare I say , a Docherty type in midfield breaking up play and not afraid to take knocks...Banzo's just not up to it anymore and needs to be a priority in January window .

Fortunately I believe Doolan has acknowledged this at the TJF meet the manager night, so we will be looking for one. I think, in time, Stanway will develop into that player but he isn’t there yet.

I disagree that a draw would’ve been fair. We should’ve been three up by half time, if not more, and for all they had the ball a lot, Airdrie basically created nothing bar floating some balls in hopefully. If they’d scored at the end, it would’ve been snatching a draw rather than anything else imo. Yes, they need better strikers, but the strikers they have got almost no service yesterday. 

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Fortunately I believe Doolan has acknowledged this at the TJF meet the manager night, so we will be looking for one. I think, in time, Stanway will develop into that player but he isn’t there yet.

I disagree that a draw would’ve been fair. We should’ve been three up by half time, if not more, and for all they had the ball a lot, Airdrie basically created nothing bar floating some balls in hopefully. If they’d scored at the end, it would’ve been snatching a draw rather than anything else imo. Yes, they need better strikers, but the strikers they have got almost no service yesterday. 

Stanway is growing into that position and is doing great for such a young player,however,am sure once we get an upgrade on Banzo(sorry Banzo you'll always be a  legend ) we'll stop a lot of the rot in midfield as was evidenced yesterday in second half when Airdrie strolled up the park with ease.