The Ton 🔵⚪ v The Arabs 🟠⚫ 2-12-23

Delighted to welcome Dundee Utd to Cappielow for the opening game of the new season, after a long and pretty dismal pre-season.

Always important to avoid defeat on the opening day, all the more so at home, so we'll take that.

Only selection issue I'll comment on is that I hope Imrie sticks with Mullen in goals: MacDonald still sometimes shows his class, but has also shown his age in one or two recent games; and dropping a guy after 180 minutes without conceding would be a pretty strange decision.

2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

That area in front of the main stand: is it likely to cause issues with the playability of the Cappielow surface on Saturday?

I'd think so, especially as we're to be below freezing every night until the weekend. This one could be in doubt.

Be surprised if this game goes ahead, same story as last season unfortunately. Start to see an improvement in performances then the weather gets the better of the pitch. Fingers crossed we've learned from last years mistakes and don't end up with 6 away games in a row again. 

Edited by Ferguson

27 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

Sakes. Couldn’t they protect the pitch. Are they that skint.

No - we just live within our means and don't spend money we haven't got. We're debt-free as a result. As for yous - what is it now? £13 million squittered in by Mark Ogren? Wealthy benefactor? Aye. Money being ploughed in? Aye. Wages wildly exceeding turnover? Aye. A revolving door fitted to the manager's office?. Aye.

Success? That cheque is still in the post.

40 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

No - we just live within our means and don't spend money we haven't got. We're debt-free as a result. As for yous - what is it now? £13 million squittered in by Mark Ogren? Wealthy benefactor? Aye. Money being ploughed in? Aye. Wages wildly exceeding turnover? Aye. A revolving door fitted to the manager's office?. Aye.

At least you're not bothered.

1 hour ago, Chippyminton said:

I knew I’d draw one out.