**Pie and Bovril's Top 100 TV Shows of All Time**

D Angelo Barksdale

Succession (2018-2023)

zzl4pg32o6eb1.jpg.10aa18daabc3ec99732396ba80745b8e.jpg

"You can't make a Tomlette without breaking some Gregs"

One of the more recent efforts in the list and straight in at 13 is Succession as the family of Scottish billionaire Logan Roy fight for control of his vast empire amid uncertainty over his health.

Not seen anything of this yet, but it's on my watch list and seems to be very well received both on here and out there.

12 minutes ago, Chris Partlow said:

Succession (2018-2023)

One of the more recent efforts in the list and straight in at 13 is Succession as the family of Scottish billionaire Logan Roy fight for control of his vast empire amid uncertainty over his health.

Not seen anything of this yet, but it's on my watch list and seems to be very well received both on here and out there.

Stop the countdown. Watch succession, then return to it.

f**k everyone else

Father Ted (1995-1998)

200w(11).gif.eeeb7c3ecf7f764f4676fbed1258544e.gif

"I hear you're a racist now Father"

Down (with this sort of thing) from 7th place in the 2012 poll is the much loved Irish comedy in which 3 oddball priests are exiled on Craggy Island. Not on my list, but it was just resting in my reserves, a shame there wasn't more made for various reasons.

Linehan really knocked it out the park here and hasn't been able to reach these heights since, even before he melted his brain on the internet.

Game of Thrones (2011-2019)

16TV_IN_GoT_Tywin_Death_01.thumb.jpg.9c1fc86f3ae0248414420adf746c72d2.jpg

"In the Game of Thrones, you either win or you die"

Tits, dragons, swords, ice zombies, huge battles, magic and lots of swearing. There's something for everyone here. Down from 4th place in 2012 when the show was at its height, it felt like absolutely everyone was watching this at the time. A huge budget, a huge ensemble cast and some great performances and memorable characters.

The finale left many disappointed for various reasons, the decline in quality from the source material, the shock that their favourite dragon lady did a genocide and for some, the realisation that this was the only ending they were getting as the lazy, procrastinating author is never finishing those books off.

25 minutes ago, Chris Partlow said:

Linehan really knocked it out the park here and hasn't been able to reach these heights since

I'd argue series 1 of Big Train came close.

47 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Stop the countdown. Watch succession, then return to it.

f**k everyone else

Seconded. 

I actually put this in my list before i had got to the ending but only had a few eps to go so didn't feel comfortable rating it too highly, since then I've finished it and would easily put it in my top 3. 

Also just had another Mr Robot moment awaiting Snowfall then realising I was the only one to put it in 😂

1 hour ago, Chris Partlow said:

Succession (2018-2023)

I can't believe I missed this from my list - wasn't sure if I could change but falls just below the big three (Sopranos, Wire, Deadwood) for me. It was also very funny when it was going on here and Detournement used to pretend small details were the most profound thing ever made

1 minute ago, GHF-23 said:

I can't believe I missed this from my list - wasn't sure if I could change but falls just below the big three (Sopranos, Wire, Deadwood) for me. It was also very funny when it was going on here and Detournement used to pretend small details were the most profound thing ever made

I read the thread for the first time last week and that's the most enthusiastic I've ever seen him, absolute fanboi. 

16 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

I read the thread for the first time last week and that's the most enthusiastic I've ever seen him, absolute fanboi. 

Haha I know it was great, although I couldn't help but think you're doing yourself a disservice if you spend your whole time trying to find every piece of symbolism 

Posted (edited)

Line of Duty (2012-2021)

0_Line-of-Duty.thumb.jpg.c56b6355bd562bba41881949ab26cd0c.jpg

"Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey"

Now we're sucking diesel. Straight in to the top 10, the highest new entry so far, is Line of Duty. One of the most popular and successful BBC dramas of the past 10 years saw the search for the corrupt officer known as 'H', who was working for an organised crime group. The AC-12 team of Superintendent Ted 'like the battle' Hastings, DS Steve Arnott and DC Kate Fleming were interested in one thing and one thing only, NICKING BENT COPPERS.

Surprised at how high this ranked tbh, (although it received plenty nominations it's one of only 4 in the top 20 not to get a 1st pick from anyone) I do like it though, but some recency bias in play here I think.

Edited by Chris Partlow

9 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Line of Duty did very well for abject nonsense that lasted twice as long as it should have.

Definitely recency bias seeing it as high on the list as it is. Incredibly average imo

The Office (2001-2003)

bad-dancing-david-brent.gif.2d0d15a774ebb3ecce56c50b0eaf6ca8.gif

"Oh, what would Lenny Henry say ?"

A big jump up from 34th in 2012 for the renaissance man David Brent and The Office, I don't think it was the 1st mockumentery, but it certainly felt unique for a sitcom, with no laugh track and a sort of fly on the wall, hand held camera look. Highly successful, the first British comedy to win a Golden Globe and franchised out to numerous countries, this was the making of Ricky Gervais who despite his fame increasing over the years, probably hasn't topped this, although some of his other shows did get nominated, none made the list.

Another forum favourite despite the marmite nature of both the show and Gervais.

Still Game (2002-2019)

-mNOK3.gif.ac5960030e459b6a9efa6ec02b056794.gif

"Do you like the PlayStation?"

The boys from Slough were narrowly beaten by the boys from Craiglang who are up ten places from 18th in the 2012 poll. Kiernan and Hemphill took a sketch from Chewin' The Fat and spun 9 series out of it as Jack and Victor plus pals get up to all sorts in a Glasgow scheme in a show that has (like it or not) become something of a Scottish national treasure.

Something something... the BBC... weegification... Scottish culture.

13 minutes ago, Chris Partlow said:

The Office (2001-2003)

bad-dancing-david-brent.gif.2d0d15a774ebb3ecce56c50b0eaf6ca8.gif

"Oh, what would Lenny Henry say ?"

A big jump up from 34th in 2012 for the renaissance man David Brent and The Office, I don't think it was the 1st mockumentery, but it certainly felt unique for a sitcom, with no laugh track and a sort of fly on the wall, hand held camera look. Highly successful, the first British comedy to win a Golden Globe and franchised out to numerous countries, this was the making of Ricky Gervais who despite his fame increasing over the years, probably hasn't topped this, although some of his other shows did get nominated, none made the list.

Another forum favourite despite the marmite nature of both the show and Gervais.

That tends to be true for a lot of cringe comedy.

Those who don't like this won't like Peep Show, Curb Your Enthusiasm etc either.

9 minutes ago, Chris Partlow said:

Still Game (2002-2019)

-mNOK3.gif.ac5960030e459b6a9efa6ec02b056794.gif

"Do you like the PlayStation?"

The boys from Slough were narrowly beaten by the boys from Craiglang who are up ten places from 18th in the 2012 poll. Kiernan and Hemphill took a sketch from Chewin' The Fat and spun 9 series out of it as Jack and Victor plus pals get up to all sorts in a Glasgow scheme in a show that has (like it or not) become something of a Scottish national treasure.

Something something... the BBC... weegification... Scottish culture.

Was beginning to get worried when this wasn’t appearing :lol:

Favourite line of the whole show for me is l:

Ladies and Gentleman, Shug…and two polis