**Pie and Bovril's Top 100 TV Shows of All Time**

Cheese

Breaking Bad (2008-2013)

communityIcon_65gv0klkzql51.png.a4ca9103a0872a16ea4af5d2a185c8f4.png

"A man provides"

Up 2 places from 2012, a mild mannered chemistry teacher starts a side business with a former pupil and gets into some mishaps while finding a new lease of life while developing an alternative personality.

I think this one probably captured the zeitgeist of the time. It's spawned a couple of spin offs and so on and had a notable cultural impact and when it's good it's really good, but there's something missing for me that I can't put my finger on that prevented me from picking it.

Just now, Chris Partlow said:

Breaking Bad (2008-2013)

"A man provides"

Up 2 places from 2012, a mild mannered chemistry teacher starts a side business with a former pupil and gets into some mishaps while finding a new lease of life while developing an alternative personality.

I think this one probably captured the zeitgeist of the time. It's spawned a couple of spin offs and so on and had a notable cultural impact and when it's good it's really good, but there's something missing for me that I can't put my finger on that prevented me from picking it.

IMG_0550.jpeg

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Shut the entire website down for voting Line of Duty three places ahead of Succession.

Still Game edging out The Office is a win for the empty-headed Natters, unfortunately. 

Placing the Office between Line of Duty and Still Game (someone's best joke from it is a character being accompanied by the police into the house, some laugh) is just incredibly wrong headed.

The moron's clever TV show the West Wing breaching the top 10 has me in bits I have to say. Do better P&B da's

Edited by GHF-23

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

My money is on the Sopranos.

Mine too. It’s down to that or The Wire I think?

8 minutes ago, Chris Partlow said:

Breaking Bad (2008-2013)

"A man provides"

I watched some of it back after BCS finished and it's not as good as I thought it was. Think definitely a zeitgeisty thing for me

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Nah, rewatched it all quite recently and it is still utterly fantastic.

There was stuff I thought was much better - Dean Norris' performance really stood out as brilliant for me, but a lot of the stuff I enjoyed previously seemed really melodramatic. I ended up only getting through a couple of series tbf

Edited by GHF-23

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Shut the entire website down for voting Line of Duty three places ahead of Succession.

Still Game edging out The Office is a win for the empty-headed Natters, unfortunately. 

I'm going to ask Kinkys opinion on Twitter. There's depth to this placement that hasn't been considered. Were those South of the Tweed polled?

8 minutes ago, GHF-23 said:

I watched some of it back after BCS finished and it's not as good as I thought it was. Think definitely a zeitgeisty thing for me

Prisoners of the moment for sure. 

Edited by RuMoore

The Wire (2002-2008)

wee-bey-reaction-gif.gif.0e1168ebd77d690bdaf3e82ce0096f78.gif

"all the pieces matter"

Up 1 place from 2012. David Simon's look at Baltimore's drug trade, port system, government, education system and media is obviously my favourite, but also the favourite of many others, this received more 1st picks than any other show, but couldn't garner enough points from the rest to get it to top spot.

I could go into the numerous reasons I love this show, but I'll let others gush about it (I want you to get the word out there that we back up) and chuck in a couple of negatives, it verges on copaganda at some points, season 5 is a bit of a damp squib and it can fall into that 'liberal fantasy' trope occasionally, but what a show baby. All in the game yo.

3 minutes ago, Chris Partlow said:

The Wire (2002-2008)

wee-bey-reaction-gif.gif.0e1168ebd77d690bdaf3e82ce0096f78.gif

"all the pieces matter"

Up 1 place from 2012. David Simon's look at Baltimore's drug trade, port system, government, education system and media is obviously my favourite, but also the favourite of many others, this received more 1st picks than any other show, but couldn't garner enough points from the rest to get it to top spot.

I could go into the numerous reasons I love this show, but I'll let others gush about it (I want you to get the word out there that we back up) and chuck in a couple of negatives, it verges on copaganda at some points, season 5 is a bit of a damp squib and it can fall into that 'liberal fantasy' trope occasionally, but what a show baby. All in the game yo.

Fantastic show, tbh

Has The Simpsons gone from number one to not top in the top fifty?

Hopefully this will finally convince them to stop making more.

It's a shame, because it is undoubtedly one of the greatest programmes of all time back in the day.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

Has The Simpsons gone from number one to not top fifty?

Unless 4th is outside the Top 50, I think you might have missed a post somewhere...

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

Has The Simpsons gone from number one to not top in the top fifty?

It's a shame, because it is undoubtedly one of the greatest programmes of all time back in the day.

It’s in the previous page. Number 4 

As for The Wire, loved the earlier series, but I don't feel later series are nearly as good and struggling to finish it. Not helped by Now TV not bothering to tell you which episode you watched last if you've been more than a few weeks since watching.