What rival players do you like?

2 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Are Morton still on the go ?

I think so. Their fans haven’t been seen in public since winning that pre-season game though. I always liked Andy Ritchie and Allan McGraw though. Respect to both… the last era they were our rivals.

Good idea for a thread. I like Pickford. I'd love to have him play for Scotland. Same with John Stones. The boy Rashford is obviously a guid cvnt too.

I liked big Paddy Keogh and Eddie Malone at Clyde and I admired Coyle at Airdrie but couldn't fucking stand him and wouldn't have welcomed his signing if he fired us to the Champions League title. 

11 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I don't mind Kane. It's a pity that he plays for England as he is clearly a superb footballer but he seems completely inoffensive off the pitch. 

You say that but he's the spitting image of a robber the Police are looking for in London 

image.png.f60c827a24741bd260f8d18b7f3d8673.png

Just referring to England here as a Scotland fan. I like Kalvin Phillips. Seems like a nice guy outside of football and he's a smart player mostly just on how he played against us in the recent friendly and I like his hair.

Edited by 2426255

Couldn't name you an Accies player these days and I think we've played Airdrie about twice I can remember and I'm in my 30s. 

As far as other players in the division around us I am a fan of Miovski at Aberdeen. I think he leads the line really well. 

Internationally I think Bellingham is different gravy. Watched the Madrid game during the week and watching him glide round the park with the number 5 and a pair of red & black Adidas Predators he's no far off a ringer for Zidane. 

11 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Sasa Papac. Maybe it’s cause it’s a cool name, maybe it’s cause I feel bad for him after Mark Wilson nearly killed him. 

Papac had the background with a concussion from a car crash or something like that did he not? When Wilson knocked him it with that did he not retire pretty soon afterwards? 

19 hours ago, velo army said:

Good idea for a thread. I like Pickford. 

Of course this is a thread about your own opinions but that’s an incredible shout. I’m not saying it bad because it’s your opinion but I honestly wouldn’t have guessed anyone would name as Pickford as someone they like.

Martin Boyle has always terrified me as an opposition player - he's ripped us a good few times. Saturday was the first time I've seen Beck for Dundee in the flesh and he was excellent. That Turnbull lad at Celtic could go on to big things.

1 minute ago, Jacky1990 said:

Thanks for that.

That also doesn't surprise me,  hopefully the Bosnian equivalent of St Johnstone. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Of course this is a thread about your own opinions but that’s an incredible shout. I’m not saying it bad because it’s your opinion but I honestly wouldn’t have guessed anyone would name as Pickford as someone they like.

I completely understand where you're coming from. I love a greetin faced bastart of a player tbh, and love a player who opposition fans loathe. I'm a fan of a panto villain. See also Morelos, Alfredo.

I grew a bit fonder of him during a Scouse derby where Robbo laughed in his face and Pickford cracked a smile as he shoved him away. 

Hell, my favourite English player of recent years is Vardy, for much the same reason. Unapologetic wind up merchant.

John McGinn - intelligent, nice movement, goals and looks like he enjoys the game under his new club manager and with Scotland.

Billy Gilmour - was amazed to see so many Norwich fans posting critical comments about him, when on loan.  I will take the opinion (see England vs Scotland Euro 2020 ITV Coverage) of Graeme Souness over them.  Love watching his pass and move football.

Callum McGregor - switched on, does his job and would do all the work to make you look good.

Diego Maradona - unfashionable opinion for an English man.  Had an interesting chat with some  Argentinian family,  on their holiday in London.  Me and the dad both preferred Diego to Messi.  Apparently, a great lad around the dressing room as well as brilliant and tough.

Re Jude Bellingham.  Saw him home and away, as a young kid, watching a few games with some Birmingham City fan mates.  Too early then to definitely say how he would  progress.  Smart move not to go to an EPL club.  You could sense both the despair and acceptance that they could not hold on to him.  Sound familiar?