What rival players do you like?

By this I mean what players of your rivals (actual rivals, not just any opposition) do you think are decent footballers and wouldn't mind seeing at your club?

I think Dylan Easton at Raith is quality. Have always liked Lewis Vaughan too. Obviously I don't think either would sign for us before any Raith fan starts.

Alfredo Agyeman at Falkirk is a player I've rated since I became aware of him at Kelty.

Internationally I really like Saka and Bellingham. Both are brilliant players but also seem pretty sound. Also really like Watkins and Rice as players.

Obviously Kane is an exceptional striker but I can't stand him as a player. Many of the England squad fall under that for me.

Edited by DA Baracus

3 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Callum McGregor is an outstanding player. James Tavernier has an incredible goalscoring record for a full back, only comparison I can think of is Graham Alexander in terms of goals. 

I know they've still to be scored but I'm never impressed with penalty takers being highly ranked as goalscorers, especially when they play for the Old Firm. 

I don't know enough about any of Caley's players, but from our probable relegation rivals:

Livi: Pittman, Devlin, Obileye

St. Johnstone: Mitov, Phillips

Motherwell: Maybe Obika? And I'd take Spittal back in a heartbeat.

Edited by Comrie

Sevco this season I would say Butland, especially because our goalie is so suspect these days. Sima looks decent also quite glad he's only on loan.

Before that I'm struggling as ones like Morelos as good as he looked in Europe was often hilariously bad against us. Ryan Kent I never got the hype at a all, far too one dimensional a player for me. Ryan Jack was one I never massively rated at Aberdeen as he never really kicked on for years but under Gerrard I thought he was a great player.

Going back to Rangers Jelavic was a brilliant player I thought, seemed to have everything.

7 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

The current England squad is not only very handy but by and large seem to be fairly decent guys.

Diny even have the slappable face of J-Lingz to hate on now as well 

Strong disagree.

Will give you Bellingham, Saka and Maddison.

But Pickford, Maguire, Grealish and Kane are all complete bellends on the pitch, even if Grealish in particular seems a pretty decent sort off it, especially with kids and disabled fans.

Henderson showed his whole fighting the good cause persona was just a PR inspired act. 

Declan Rice annoys me, bur cant put finger on why. 

Not as loathsome as teams of yesteryear. But still a team full of c***s.

I don't even know who our rivals are these days 😬

I remember back in the days when Clyde were groundsharing at Firhill, Colin McGlashan was a great striker.

We signed him for £65k or something which more or less covered our tenant's rental agreement for that season.

These days I suppose our 'rivals' are QP, Airdrie and possibly Morton but I wouldn't thank you fir any of their current players. Maybe Dom Thomas at a push, based mostly on efforts last season.

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

Declan Rice annoys me, bur cant put finger on why. .

It's probably his fucking face and those fucking muller adverts, IMO. I actually like the fact that he binned off Ireland, annoying their fans immensely, but every time I see his face I get infuriated.

Mason Mount seems like the biggest p***k involved in the England set up, for me. 

29 minutes ago, jagfox said:

These days I suppose our 'rivals' are QP, Airdrie and possibly Morton

Morton before QP, surely. I know QP are in Glasgow too, but games against them don't have any kind of edge, whereas there is a wee bit with Morton.

I'd take Robbie Crawford back, maybe Callum Gallagher from Airdrie as backup striker.

Edit: I wouldn't want him to join us, but I enjoy Robbie Muirhead as a player and his antics when he scores against one of his (many) former clubs, including us. Anyone who dedicates a brace to Justin Bieber is good by me. Just a box office player who I very much enjoy. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow