What rival players do you like?

3 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I think everyone who isn’t a Dundee fan feels that way about Harkins. Won the League Cup with us right enough so should be looked at as a bit of a legend but probably isn’t.

The Dees signed him from us and he's the best midfielder we've had since Charnley. We were groundsharing with the egg-chasers so our pitch was unplayable yet he still looked like prime Pirlo.

Sigh.

Aberdeen - Miovski

Celtic - Furahashi

Dundee - McCowan

Hearts - Shankland

Hibs - Vente

Kilmarnock - Vassell

Motherwell - Paton

Rangers - Souttar

Ross County - White

St Johnstone - May

St Mirren - Kiltie

England - Ramsdale

18 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Of course this is a thread about your own opinions but that’s an incredible shout. I’m not saying it bad because it’s your opinion but I honestly wouldn’t have guessed anyone would name as Pickford as someone they like.

Total p***k.

7 hours ago, velo army said:

The Dees signed him from us and he's the best midfielder we've had since Charnley. We were groundsharing with the egg-chasers so our pitch was unplayable yet he still looked like prime Pirlo.

Sigh.

We've really not had many of that style of midfielder at Firhill this century (though I'm probably forgetting a tonne). Tend to be either defensive (e.g. Banzo) or attacking (e.g. Erskine), very few Pirlos. Harkins was great entertainment, not so much in his final spell though.

13 hours ago, velo army said:

Sigh.

In terms at what he did he was sensational. But you can’t really compare him to many of the other midfielders we’ve had in that time. Wasn’t as great in his 2nd stint and Gary Caldwell issuing him an 18-month contract at 34 when he was done at our level is still mind boggling.

7 hours ago, JagsCG said:

In terms at what he did he was sensational. But you can’t really compare him to many of the other midfielders we’ve had in that time. Wasn’t as great in his 2nd stint and Gary Caldwell issuing him an 18-month contract at 34 when he was done at our level is still mind boggling.

Aye I'm not counting his latter spell, the same way that I'm not counting Chic's last spell with us (coming on as an emergency sub when we were in the SPL, was amazing though). When we signed Harkins he was playing as a right back at Grimsby, I think. Wild. 

On 05/12/2023 at 11:41, Stylish Kid said:

Much as it pains me, I quite like Elie Youann. 

I'm not massively fond of "Boyler" as a player or as a nickname, but he would make absolutely perfect foil for Shankland in the "Ginnely" role 

"Boyler" as a nickname is like nails down a blackboard. Truly risible.

Fucking horrifying stuff. Honestly, Hibs should be docked points for it. As should any club with a player called Ross referred to as "Rossco". When did that shite start? Anyone found calling another person "Rossco" should be imprisoned. It's moronic behaviour and sadly seems rife in Scottish football.

On 05/12/2023 at 09:06, johnnydun said:

Absolutely. After being brought up in Aberdeen and getting laughed at every 2nd season, I need to grasp this opportunity.

Yep, I feel this as well and have been giving my mates pelters every week we remain above them in the league. Still some important games to come before the 23rd but have attached my thoughts on that particular result below. 

Thank you. 

IMG_1068.gif