St Johnstone v Celtic, High Noon Shootout 03/12/23

Celtic on a poor run and on the back of a European trip, but I’ve lost count of the number of times that’s been the case over the years thinking we have a chance before Celtic absolutely stroll it.

We will lose this 75-25 % possession to Brendan’s Ball Retainers, but will there be goals? 

St Johnstone plagued by injuries to key players. Clark out, Considine a doubt and Carey who knows? as the manager didn’t have a clue in his press conference.  I’d fancy us if we had everyone fit.

Our midfield will be competitive but we looked powder puff in attack at tynecastle last week.

Drew 0-0 at Celtic earlier in the season with a brand new team full of kids. Would probably settle for a similar result here.

Here goes one of the most unappealing games of the season. Prediction of stupidly long delays for VAR, Saints giving away an easy goal and Celtic fans doing Celtic fans things while Police Scotland keeping their hands warm in their pockets.

I think Levein will go for the back 5 again, but feel he'll try the May/Kane combo again. If we are to get anything, it will need to be a solid defensive display and something from a set play. If possible, Carey playing would unlock a few chances, but only if he is in the right place mentally.

Celtic aren’t at their best, St Johnstone improving defensively but hopeless in front of goal… Everything points towards a low-scoring match. Likely scenario is probably a 1-0 or 2-0 Celtic win, but a 0-0 is certainly feasible as well.

Or we might get pumped or we might beat Celtic.

Those are my betting tips for  the day. Use them as you wish.

Yep a 4-6-0 wind up is exactly what I thought when I saw it.

Costelloe and a Robinson wing backs with Brown/Gordon/McGowan centre backs and Carey off DJ??

Obviously looking to have a bit of pace on the counter as we used to try with O’Halloran against Celtic a lot. Think it worked once in 3 years.

Can’t say that our strikers from last week can have too many complaints at being dropped.

Get up at stupid o’ clock for an away game in Perth, in freezing conditions. Probably £30 a pop, plus travel and food costs, for a game you could watch on the telly - and here’s your view of the game. Old Firm fans are some bois. Or bhoys. Or daft bigot kunts. Whatever fits.

75FDE4A6-4444-4265-9EC9-9167E9E6C1C7.jpeg

7B0FE342-2AC2-40BC-94A8-A36114AE0E13.jpeg

Edited by pozbaird