Saints v Buddies 6/12/23

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Best bit of the night was Beatson celebrating with Kane, holding everyone back into the stand and then getting his phone out to try and record it. Multi tasking like a bitch.

I’m fucking raging because despite standing there trying to record for ages my video is only two seconds long and has f**k all good in it.

That was brilliant, I was on my way towards the exit when the pen was given 😂

Absolutely gutted about that.

Not a great game but St Mirren by a margin the better team and should have scored 3 or 4.

To get the 94th minute penalty against us under those circumstances, for it to be saved but then fall for the striker, actually feels worse than St J's 98th minute equaliser at St Mirren Park last season.

Fair play to the St J commentary team for admitting who the better team was.

Naturally all connected with St Mirren will be down after that, but need to look at the game and not just the result and go in to Saturday with the confidence the overall performance merits.

5 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Not a great game but St Mirren by a margin the better team and should have scored 3 or 4.

Fair play to the St J commentary team for admitting who the better team was.

trophy-invisible433soccer-football-joke-ps4fifa(2).gif.89baf9c1eb53776003b9e44c06bcdb75.gif

Just now, SS77 said:

I can’t believe we managed to lose that - not much else to add on that.

Whoever the Saintees commentators are done a great job IMO, one of the better club TV commentary teams.

Careful now, RandomGuy doesn't like that kind of talk.

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Taking nothing away from him about the goal.

His dive at that incident though, making out he got booted in the face by a foot a clear three feet away from him was genuinely pathetic.

It was a high foot and a foul everyday of the week, whether he made contact or not.

Lots of crying on here which is delightful to see.

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

We were very poor. Did anyone think Kane would score that penalty? I certainly didn’t.

Fair play to him for scoring the rebound but f**k how bad have we been at penalties for about 7 years?!! 

I've not been confident in a penalty taker since Mark Treanor.

4 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

I've not been confident in a penalty taker since Mark Treanor.

Was Sheerin or Craig not pretty good?

I feel like one was great, and the other ended up with the same reputation due to being left footed despite being sketchier.

My heart sank when I saw Kane clutching the ball tbh, think Carey was the shout but theres every chance he blooters it over the bar.

What a dramatic fall from grace we’re experiencing at the moment.

Robinson had the forwards and the midfielders playing at the top of their game, with a high energy pressing game. Hit the opposition with quick breaks and scoring goals.

Compare the start of the season to now. Night and day as we look like a total shell of the team who made a great start.  

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I feel like one was great, and the other ended up with the same reputation due to being left footed despite being sketchier.

My heart sank when I saw Kane clutching the ball tbh, think Carey was the shout but theres every chance he blooters it over the bar.

Sheerin was brilliant. Craig hit virtually every one to his bottom right and went through a spell where people cottoned on to that and he missed a few.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sheerins record was tremendous, funnily enough I’m sure a long successful run came to an end in our final trip to love street.