Livingston v Hibernian - 09/12/23

I actually thought we were the better team today haha. Thought the extent to which the Hibs players and fans celebrating the 1-0 win was indicative of this. unfortunate break of the ball to Boyle for the goal. Encouraging forward play from us at times (compared to recently) and Marshall pulling off a good couple of saves. Forgot Boyle was on the park in 2nd half. Something to build on.

5 points adrift not a great position to be and ominous.

Edited by crispy

Sounded like Livi were the better team for first 20/30 mins and created much more than Hibs.

Sounded like the subs and second half changes  didn't have the impact Martindale had hoped for

Overall results elsewhere went totally against Livi :( 

1 hour ago, crispy said:

I actually thought we were the better team today haha. Thought the extent to which the Hibs players and fans celebrating the 1-0 win was indicative of this. unfortunate break of the ball to Boyle for the goal. Encouraging forward play from us at times (compared to recently) and Marshall pulling off a good couple of saves. Forgot Boyle was on the park in 2nd half. Something to build on.

5 points adrift not a great position to be and ominous.

Yep, but we can't keep our top striker on the bench in games and expect to get something, we're back to full strength in defence but persist with Sean Kelly starting, albeit in midfield now, crazy.  

Guthrie does what is expected of him, wins headers and leads the line, but if we're relying on Shinnie and Pittman to get us the goals, leaving Anderson getting splinters, we're asking for defeats. Especially when playing at home. I've backed Martindale to the hilt till now, but he's severely pissing me off not starting Bruce. When we took Guthrie off and had Sangare on we lost all aerial battles too, we really needed to change tactics, Stephen Kelly, Sangare, Anderson, we should've been playing it through midfield keeping it on the deck and driving at Hibs. 

Not understanding the VAR decision for the Ref to go to the monitor and decide our Pen claim was offside, if it's offside surely VAR decides that and doesn't need the Ref to go look at it, that's a clear decision they make when drawing their lines across the screen, and telling the Ref if it's offside.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

We weren’t great but we don’t usually win games when we play like that, probably an inditement of Livingstons luck at the moment.

Good to see Hanlon back playing well, would have him and Rocky as my starting two centre halfs.

I’m like a broken record but VAR is a fucking farce, I know both times they got to the correct decisions but I don’t understand how anyone in the world could say football is better for it.

Anyone with half a brain warned us of this before it came in and it’s been just like it always was going to.