The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2024

On 14/01/2024 at 18:50, Miguel Sanchez said:

Week 2 update

One death this week, Franz Beckenbauer: Franz Beckenbauer, World Cup-winning captain and manager, dies aged 78 | Franz Beckenbauer | The Guardian

The full obituary on the Guardian's site is also worth reading: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/jan/08/franz-beckenbauer-obituary

I always enjoy pictures of old footballers, so here's one:

image.thumb.png.745f9bfa5a2e56b8bba62fa304e51a03.png

It's not every day in the Dead Pool we have a country's undisputed best ever player featured, so whether you're old or like me you were born well after his playing days, it's worth doing some reading to see just how much he changed the way the game is played. There are names in football which are ubiquitous in that they're a byword for stature, reputation, style, whatever. Beckenbauer is that for most of the defensive half of the pitch. I don't know that a single individual can be as influential in football culture as that any more.

Beckenbauer died at 78 so he's worth 47 Base Points for @parxyz, @psv_killie and @The_Craig, with @D Angelo Barksdale getting a Vice-Captain bonus for a total of 71 points.

As a result, the standings look like this:

1. mozam76 189
2. lolls, Moomintroll, pub car king, Salvo Montalbano 163
6. psv_killie, The_Craig 141

8. cdhafc1874, lichtgilphead 129
10. amnarab, Arch Stanton, Ned Nederlander, sparky88, The DA, The Naitch, ThomCat 94
17. D Angelo Barksdale 71

18. Florentine_Pogen, tamthebam 58
20. parxyz 47

21. sleazy, stanton, Sweaty Morph 25
24. Everyone else 0

The spreadsheet has also been updated with these scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CsroU6IlQNJOesOqCc5gsI7SCw8ywBS-PUzQwLTJe4g/edit?usp=sharing

Marvellous, job as always @Miguel Sanchez.

Great respect in folk that run threads like this....

Anyway I'm here to Gatecrash everyone is welcome to the P&B quiz thread, it's not the Eggs Thread, you can be like me (think as f**k(.

We have snacks on Thursday morning and beer on Saturday.

Come alone, join in the fun, if not stick up your hoop!

Have a good day!

Be strong, be good 

4 minutes ago, mathematics said:

When the f**k did we get snacks?

Always 3 or for 4 bowls of nik naks, on the table when I post the mid week results.

It's a communion event, you should turn up some day, all is welcome! 

On 17/01/2024 at 16:35, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It'll soon be time to dig out the coronation bunting again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68010563

Is this related to the male scions of this inbred rabble's prediliction for a good pegging with 'The Bum Dildo of Vengeance' ? (copyright M. Tucker Esq.)