The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2024

21 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Georgina Hale, actor and sometime muse of Ken Russell. Also played Adam Faith's wife in 'Budgie'. (Google that, kiddos...)

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2024/jan/10/georgina-hale-obituary

Georgina.jpg.be65ef454899b55e02a5fa8babcbe4d7.jpg

Adopted Hale as stage name (originally Hole), thereby depriving you insensitive fuckers of innumerable graveyard "cracks", so to speak. I hope this meant that the family name died out.

35 minutes ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

Adopted Hale as stage name (originally Hole), thereby depriving you insensitive fuckers of innumerable graveyard "cracks", so to speak. I hope this meant that the family name died out.

Wikipedia reports six notable, living, holes, so we'll get those jabs in, eventually.

Sheesh, 83 years old. If someone had randomly asked me, before today, to guess her age, I’d have said about 74 or 75. The weird passage of time, eh? Sometimes you stop and think about the ages of yer’ surviving Rolling Stones, Beatles, Who, Led Zep… and, well, the passage of time, funny old thing.

I now feel duty bound to make a poor taste joke, can’t really think of anything other than she will probably be spinning in her grave.

Oooftt. Etc.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Sheesh, 83 years old. If someone had randomly asked me, before today, to guess her age, I’d have said about 74 or 75. The weird passage of time, eh? Sometimes you stop and think about the ages of yer’ surviving Rolling Stones, Beatles, Who, Led Zep… and, well, the passage of time, funny old thing.

I now feel duty bound to make a poor taste joke, can’t really think of anything other than she will probably be spinning in her grave.

Oooftt. Etc.

Christ I'd have said about 65. Can't believe how old she was.

3 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Shit! Jimmy Page was 80 this week, I feel old.

Aye, but in my mind, Jimmy Page isn’t a grey-haired 80 year old, he’s a young man holding a Gibson double-neck aloft and Bob Plant is strutting around the stage in one of his wife’s blouses. Forever.

It’s a weird thing right enough. Even a band like Aerosmith that came along after the 60s bands - the age of those guys now. You’re not the only one who feels old, trust me.