Forfar vs Dumbarton

Match Outcome  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Fair play to big Tony Wallace, he’s been fair chipping in with goals this season. He can’t be far off double figures already - unless I’m mistaken that was his 9th across all competitions? Not bad considering he spent a fair whack of games on the bench at the start of the season. 

One shy of becoming the first Son since Stephen Dobbie to hit 10 by New Year.

I was actually going to post the same. He's a strange player. He can be a bit frustrating at times. He's quite slow, he looks a bit ungainly, he's sometimes guilty of trying to beat a man three times instead of once and he's very different to almost every other wide player in the league. The only guy I can say he reminds me of a wee bit is Robert Thomson in the second-half of the 2016/17 season.

I thought he was absolutely superb yesterday. And most weeks you know he'll create a few chances and probably have a few efforts on goal. In truth if he'd been a bit more clinical and a bit less unselfish he would've walked away with a hat-trick. But he overplayed a few times trying to get Mikey Ruth the goal his performance deserved.

His first touch is almost always excellent. He can hold play up well, he's good in the air, he has a knack of getting in good areas. He seems to be great at creating space where it doesn't look like there is any with some quick footwork and his big lanky frame, and his deliveries from out-wide are usually pretty decent.

That's him now on nine goals in 15 starts. Granted a fair few have been penalties, but that's an excellent record for a forward. Let alone a wide midfielder. I've been very impressed with him after initially thinking he might be a bit-part player.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

6 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Exactly what I said at the game, just hit it, why is he even thinking about going down?

I said in one of my replies, but, it maybe shows a lack of confidence from the player. He thinks there more chance of a goal/comeback etc if you get a pen than him actually scoring. Shame really because it was a very good chance!

9 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

I said in one of my replies, but, it maybe shows a lack of confidence from the player. He thinks there more chance of a goal/comeback etc if you get a pen than him actually scoring. Shame really because it was a very good chance!

That’s what I was thinking, striker low on confidence thinking about going down in that situation. 

That penalty shout for Forfar is a stonewaller IMHO. There is nae denying that absolute dumplin’ of a Forfar player should’ve got the shot away and buried it in the process instead of trying to win the penalty, but we massively got away with one there. Crighton should’ve been sent packing as well. I’m very surprised it is even up for debate after those highlights. 

That defending for Gray’s goal is absolutely criminal stuff from Forfar, genuine school boy stuff. If I was a Forfar fan I’d have probably burst a blood vessel after witnessing that. 

Lynas is a big weak link for us at the back. I sincerely hope Durnan is back soon. 

7 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm going to sound the claxon for P&B's very own Dermot Gallacher (but with far more hair).

@pleslie99- thoughts on the Forfar penalty shout? 

Just got round to watching the highlights.

its one of those, very clumsy tbh, I wouldn’t have been shocked and couldn’t complain had it been given which would’ve led to a red card. Skelly is looking for it, probably knows the contact is coming which is clever, however, should’ve just stuck it away so he’s a dumpling for not doing so!