Dundee United vs Raith Rovers, 16 Dec…

Not read all the comments, but surprised to not see any mentions of Middleton's miss with the last touch of the game. Looked an absolute shocker from where I was sat

Couple of other comments; Not sure why Goodwin abandoned our usual 'pass it out from the back' in favour of a long, high ball to Moult that was very reminiscent the same long, high balls we played to Fletcher last season, with the same end result as last season (no goals). 

Corner kicks were bizarre. Can only assume Goodwin had instructed Middleton and Mochrie to put them in low to the front post.

Not a good day for United, but still didn't think there was a great deal between the sides. Utd need new blood (a striker and a right back) come the Arbroath game on Jan 2nd

32 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Furthest thing from my mind was you lot, just so happens that for the minute you are 4th, it could easily have been any other team and I'd have said the same thing about them

You dont honestly think your that important to us, or is this just another example of the pretentious billy big time Pars mentality shining through again 😂😂

Just stop man you’re only making it worse 🫣

1 minute ago, Steven W said:

Not read all the comments, but surprised to not see any mentions of Middleton's miss with the last touch of the game. Looked an absolute shocker from where I was sat

Couple of other comments; Not sure why Goodwin abandoned our usual 'pass it out from the back' in favour of a long, high ball to Moult that was very reminiscent the same long, high balls we played to Fletcher last season, with the same end result as last season (no goals). 

Corner kicks were bizarre. Can only assume Goodwin had instructed Middleton and Mochrie to put them in low to the front post.

Not a good day for United, but still didn't think there was a great deal between the sides. Utd need new blood (a striker and a right back) come the Arbroath game on Jan 2nd

Genuinely didn't realise Middleton was playing today. Not even being funny about it, just didn't see the utd lineup and didn't recognise the guy. Makes sense now you've said it though. 

Something that needs said is, we're top of the league having played Scott Brown at cb for the majority of the season due to Watson being injured. For all the attacking options we've got, our defence has been makeshift for at least 60% of the season. Id imagine both clubs will look to strengthen in January in whatever way we both can and I'm looking forward to this hopefully going all the way (with us pipping you to the title obviously) 

4 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Genuinely didn't realise Middleton was playing today. Not even being funny about it, just didn't see the utd lineup and didn't recognise the guy. Makes sense now you've said it though. 

Something that needs said is, we're top of the league having played Scott Brown at cb for the majority of the season due to Watson being injured. For all the attacking options we've got, our defence has been makeshift for at least 60% of the season. Id imagine both clubs will look to strengthen in January in whatever way we both can and I'm looking forward to this hopefully going all the way (with us pipping you to the title obviously) 

Would make for an exciting end to the season should both sides take it all the way (although I'm still not ruling Thistle out).

United's performance level needs to somehow get back to what it was Aug-Oct. Raith are good side, but they'll (as everyone in the division will) drop points so will be interesting to see how United/Thistle react.

What a fantastic result and great day all round. 

Firstly, a huge thanks to the board again for putting on the buses at this time of year. We had one hell of a backing and a huge part of that will be down to the club putting their hands in their pockets, massive thank you to the board once again. 

First half we never really threatened, United were in control but never really felt under the cosh at any point. Was really surprised how one dimensional United were - everything was fed out to the left hand side to be whipped into the box at every opportunity, I expected more from the likes of Middleton, Fotheringham and Cudjoe when he came on to be a bit more direct but it just didn’t seem to happen. When we came out the traps second half, when we got the ball down, we knocked the ball about very well and felt we were much better in a footballing sense than the hosts. 

What a bloody goal btw from Easton, seen a few videos on X and Footy Adventures’ upload and it is some finish. To beat the 3 men to begin with but to then dig a finish out like that was sensational. The ringmaster strikes again 🎩

Well done everyone there today getting right behind the players from the 1st whistle to the last. It’s absolutely brilliant going to watch our games right now, togetherness on and off the field is really special. Whatever happens, regardless, now on in to the end of the season, these will be memories that we will look back on for sure!

48 minutes ago, Steven W said:

It was a shocker. It looked as though Cudjoe picked him out perfectly. These are the little breaks we are getting just now to go hand in hand with our good play. 

29 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Would make for an exciting end to the season should both sides take it all the way (although I'm still not ruling Thistle out).

United's performance level needs to somehow get back to what it was Aug-Oct. Raith are good side, but they'll (as everyone in the division will) drop points so will be interesting to see how United/Thistle react.

I think it will be interesting to see how we react if/ when that happens also. I also think the business teams do in January could be massive. Both of us can improve our squads and push on but it's undoubtedly utd that have the resources to really push the boat out. 

I'm not ruling thistle out yet especially after our two games against them but it's hard to argue that, for the moment at least, this isn't a two horse race.

Did the United fans just go on generic football flag shop for the 10 they had swinging about pre match? I think there was only one of them that actually had anything remotely Dundee utd looking about them (other than the black and tangerine) 

32 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

Going to be a bit 2 faced here as I like his stuff. How can footy adventures be able to post the footage before the clubs? 

Bigger issue is why a 12.00 wait time anyway. Its not like the BBC are using footage for their highlights show.

Down to SPFL rules, The guy that does footy adventures is absolutely brilliant for Scottish football as a whole, you just have to watch his channel to know how passionate he is, but when you involve idiots in blazers then they say you can't officially see the goal until midnight. Unfortunately we have morons making the rules, just the way it is 😦

Magnificent result, beautiful goal and some heroic displays. Notable mentions to Big Kev, Brown, Byrne and Millen for that tackle but mainly a great team effort with shedloads (!) of character. Drink it in.

On a side note, if we’re going to have plenty more of these big away days in the months and years ahead then it would be great if certain elements of our support could just go to the seat they paid for. The ridiculous overcrowding in the stairway at the start was all their fault and entirely avoidable.

19 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Furthest thing from my mind was you lot, just so happens that for the minute you are 4th, it could easily have been any other team and I'd have said the same thing about them

You dont honestly think your that important to us, or is this just another example of the pretentious billy big time Pars mentality shining through again 😂😂

Wow what a reaction!

The fear that you would post such a negative post tells me they you are scared! 

The books tell you that you should own this league but on the pitch it's 11 vs 11 and our hunger, drive,managers set up is superior. You need to understand and respect that we are going nowhere! We are the team to beat now! 

You have come into OUR league expecting to walk it and have been found out. Respect your opposition and respect that you are on your way to the playoffs!

Edited by mealsonwheels

First time this season where I've felt that we are currently the best side in the league.  Could well come down to what happens in January.  As it stands, I think Rovers are a better side, but let's see what happens.

Really enjoyed that today.  

4 hours ago, Steven W said:

Dundee Utd v Raith 30/3, Partick v Raith 13/4, Dundee Utd v Partick 3/5 all could be huge in the last 10 weeks. That last game of the season could be very interesting.