Places in Scotland you've never been to

According to Wikipedia, the biggest settlement in Scotland I've not set foot in is Bathgate, thought I have been through it on the train loads.

Biggest that I've not passed through at all is Bonnyrigg and given our luck with cup draws we'll have to get relegated a couple of times for me to change that one. 

Think most folk on here will be well above average in travel due to  football, without wanting to get into "Place X is a shithole" there are quite a few towns that I would have had no reason to visit had it not been for an away game there. 

Edited by Fuctifano

12 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

According to Wikipedia, the biggest settlement in Scotland I've not set foot in is Bathgate, thought I have been through it on the train loads.

East Kilbride for me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_towns_and_cities_in_Scotland_by_population

Places on that list I've never been

East Kilbride

Glenrothes

Wishaw

Newton Mearns

Clydebank

Renfrew

Bishopbriggs

Arbroath

Kirkintilloch

Dumbarton

Bellshill

Peterhead

Barrhead

Killwinning

Johnstone

Viewpark

Larkhall

Erskine

Edited by ICTChris

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Never been north past Inverness. The change in accent unnerves me as low as Fort William. The furthest I've been is Skye on the west coast and Inverness up the East coast. 

giphy.gif

Spoiler

I could be totally wrong but I've always seen it like this

image.png.3d62446d4bfd954c9de481a5e3469188.png

I'm not actually comfortable with the idea of Scotland having a South coast, tbh. Which reminds me I actually got into an argument with someone at a party who said Dundee was on the South coast :lol: 

2 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Never been to Broughty. Went to Broughty Ferry assuming it was an east coast Gourock - Dunoon type thing but sadly no.

We built a bridge and got the hell over it.

16 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

East Kilbride for me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_towns_and_cities_in_Scotland_by_population

Places on that list I've never been

East Kilbride

Glenrothes

Wishaw

Newton Mearns

Clydebank

Renfrew

Bishopbriggs

Arbroath

Kirkintilloch

Dumbarton

Bellshill

Peterhead

Barrhead

Killwinning

Johnstone

Viewpark

Larkhall

Erskine

Was just in the process of doing the same thing. Kilmarnock looks alright and I would like to visit but it's just not on the way to anywhere and not worth the trek, for me.

image.thumb.png.98c5eba73ee09e63077f1a827fece078.png

Apparently Edinburgh Castle is Scotland's most visited place. 

Never been.

Of the places I want to go I've never been North of Lochinver on the mainland and have always fancied going up to Cape wrath. I've never been to Shetland or Orkney either.

Come to think of it I've never been to the egg chasing towns in the borders, your Melroses and Galas etc.

Aside from a few fitba adventures to the metropoli of Raith and Dunfermline (on and off supporters buses) I've never been to the Kingdom. My cousin is engaged to an Anstrutherian so I reckon I'll break that duck when they get mairrit.

One place I'd like to go is to see the ruins of Lochindorb Castle. 

It's a 13th century castle in the middle of a loch. Completely ruined. Not much to look at. 

jpeg&ignoreAspectRatio&resize=2500,1875&

What gets me about this is that the island it stands on was artificially created. Someone, in the 13th century, made an island in the middle of a loch and built a fucking castle on it. I mean, as achievements go I think that's pretty special. They didn't even have speedboats. 

15 minutes ago, velo army said:

My cousin is engaged to an Anstrutherian so I reckon I'll break that duck when they get mairrit.

Dalgety Bay to Kinghorn and also between Elie and Crail are lovely stretches of coast. Lot's of quaint wee coastal/fishing villages. You could probably cycle Fife's coast in a summer's day but not if you want to stop and explore places. Also St Andrews is pretty cool but also pretty weird. Doesn't feel like Scotland and weirdly I never think of it as Fife. Anstruther's craggy beach is stunning. Although I was there at sunrise, on drugs, after the aforementioned Secret Bunker rave.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Read that 3 times now and still can't believe I've read it correctly. 

Is it not meant to have quite an old town centre with some well preserved buildings?

Also a few nice natural wooded areas by the Irvine and Dean Castle which is where I always end up when I visit somewhere.