Arbroath vs Dunfermline - Sat 23rd December 🎅🏻

12 hours ago, HoBNob said:

I'm absolutely tempting fate here....

But that performance by Bird was as gutless as I've seen at this level, just simply didn't fancy it. 

Not Birds best game he was very poor that night but felt us as a team relied on the guy (or whoever is upfront) way too much. Whole team was built to get the ball up to the striker quick and then get second balls / have striker bring team into play up the park. 

It feels completely different now. For me there is a noticeable attempt to try and keep possesion and work the ball up the park. 

Second goal we scored Saturday shows that so well if you watch it - before one of the defenders would’ve absolutely just clipped it over the top or into the channel but we kept the ball and when it went to a full back the full back would look for feet up the park and if there was nothing on he would turn back and just go back to the centre half. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

17 hours ago, HoBNob said:

I'm absolutely tempting fate here....

But that performance by Bird was as gutless as I've seen at this level, just simply didn't fancy it. 

Aye he was hopeless but I’ll put that down to the change of management at that time. None the less hammy didn’t need to break sweat 

Really looking forward to this. This will be the first time I’ve seen us under the new regime and, for various reasons, only the third time I’ve seen us in the league this season.

Judging by what I’m hearing and reading, McIntyre seems to have got us playing better football and we seem to be competing in games now.

A win would be superb, a draw decent and even a narrow defeat wouldn’t be the end of the world.

Reaching half way in a similar position (points wise) to last season wouldn’t be terrible as at least… and at last things seem to be going in a positive direction. A few weeks ago I, like many others, thought we were doomed but a few more points in the coming weeks and we’ll start climbing the table. Thankfully plenty of other teams in the Championship are within touching distance.

The Foundry reopening on Friday is an added bonus for some pre and post match beers.

On 18/12/2023 at 13:16, 1320Lichtie said:

Yeah went and checked the line up after I posted and found it a pretty unusual line up - not often you’ll see a back 3 in this league that are all pretty small guys. Hamilton size is definitely not an issue though he’s really good in the air considering, a wee bit like Ricky Little.

Will be interesting to see what like on Saturday if it is Comrie, Otoo and wee Hammy there again. 

Surprised you missed this, given that’s the back 3 we finished with in our last game against you - and we’ve been stuck with it ever since, with the exception of the first 40 mins on Saturday.

3 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Surprised you missed this, given that’s the back 3 we finished with in our last game against you - and we’ve been stuck with it ever since, with the exception of the first 40 mins on Saturday.

Watched the last game on a terrible stream and we were hardly in your half - at 1-0 I turned it off fed up knowing that we were beat. That is maybe why… 😂

Judging by McPake's comments I'm going to guess Fisher and Breen will be fit to start and Bene might just make the bench. 

In which case I'd to go with this, though I think either Allan or Chalmers will start over Moffat. 

Deniz

Fisher Hamilton Breen 

Comrie Moffat Otoo Todd Edwards

McCann Jakubiak

I have a feeling we’ll maybe see Bene and Breen back for this one, fisher should be starting unless the head knock is far worse than it looked at the time. I think we’ll likely see the same starting lineup as Saturday, but hopefully with Moffat instead of Chalmers to give a more attacking flow to our game. IMO, Chalmers only having one good game in 3-4, which simply isn’t good enough. 
if Arbroath has their 12th man on the day, then I’d expect the midfield battles to be nullified (I’m still pissed off about that game with the Craw in charge, where Arbroath used the wind to their huge advantage, and when we had the wind on our side, we played it on the ground.) A big bonus for us is Matty getting sharper every game, and I’d expect him to be closer to form for this one. 
This is a hard one to call,  theres a resurgence of form for the Lichties, and we are a hit or miss right now  

I’d take a scrappy 1-1 in this game. 

Edited by Wacky

Unbelievably we’ve not drawn a game all year - if we score 1st we win and if we lose a goal 1st we lose. 

Not supposed to be windy on Saturday 

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gfn1v0610#?date=2023-12-23

Despite losing to Morton (feel we should’ve kicked on and won that), coming within seconds to a point against Raith and then beating Inverness we’ve still got a very small squad. 3 outfield players available and all come on to play their part Saturday. We are very stretched.

On reflection I think I would probably put McIntosh to the bench so that we’ve a better option to come on and do Birds job when he’s knackered. Leave Norey where he is. Put ToB into the centre of the defence, Hamilton to left back and then Stewart to RM.

Gaston

Norey

Steele

ToB

Hamilton

Lyon

Stewart 

Slater 

Gold

Hylton

Bird 

23 hours ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Dow close to return, McKenna march time little still be assessed might need operated from what Jim said last game I think 

Ryan Dow? Honestly didn’t realise he was at Arbroath. Was a fairly decent player for us.

53 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Ryan Dow? Honestly didn’t realise he was at Arbroath. Was a fairly decent player for us.

Fairly reliable but frustrates the hell out of me considering the position he plays he should take so much more risk for me and not enough end product in regards to goals / assists. I have heard this will be his last season playing.