Derek Adams interview

3 hours ago, 2426255 said:

No-one is being forced read the contents of this thread or to post in it. The most effective approach is simply to ignore the discussion if it's taken a turn you don't like and leave others to continue. Trying to influence posters to stop the conversation will probably just end up in disappointment.

I think this thread still has a lot more to give personally, so looking forward to that.

You are right to be fair. This thread is no longer a serious conversation so I’m checking out. 

2 hours ago, on the bonnie bonnie banks said:

Well said that man 👏

It can't survive in its present form, dull as ditch water.

Take a look at the Welsh game, little old Wrexham would be more than a match for any side in the SPL and no doubts the premier league when they get there in a few years time.

We have so much to look forward to

You are right in that currently, as a contest, the top flight is about as boring as it gets. From an outside in, you'd wonder what anyone would bother watching a league where only 2 teams can/will ever win it. But, that misses the point. All diddy fans know this and are well aware. We effectively discount them from the league and when you do and look at the competitiveness of the other 10, I think you'd be hard pushed to find as competitive and by extension exciting league in its own right.

That Dundee this season are where they are and that more often promoted teams do very well and it the case of Utd, do exceptionally well when they came back up, shows actually a pretty decent yet horrifically marketed product.

Compare to the EPL. Yes, huge gulf in money, but increasingly a closed shop to the leagues below. Burnley smashed the championship, yet miles off even middle of the road sides. It is English in location only. Clubs aren't English owned, most players aren't and I think 1992 was the last time an English manager even won the top flight. Trickle down those riches and you get what would have top flight players 20/30 years ago playing 2nd and 3rd tier.

So, comparing bigger Scottish teams to big English teams is really no comparison. Comparing bigger Scottish teams to league 1 level teams, maybe is more so because of that pushing down above. However, the clubs at that level are artificially bumped up and if/when the innevitable leaving behind of them happens for some kind of closed EPL or Super League, you will see a lot of clubs struggle and find their true level.

Are Morcambe 100x better than Ross County, no. Can they spend multiple times the amount on players, yes, clearly. Does that mean those players are multiple times better? I'd say not. Adams did what Adams does. Shouts his mouth off and then tries to play dumb or roll it back a bit. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

22 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

I'm not comparing it to anything. The Scottish top flight is dismally poor. The state of Czech, Moldovan or Baffin Island football is irrelevant. However crap it may or may not be won't suddenly make our game better.

How can you say something is poor without comparing it to anything? You must have a standard to judge against.

25 minutes ago, SH Panda said:

You could tie yourself in knots on whether the spfl is league one or league two, but its unprovable and benefits no one.

Why would someone compare the SPFL to a single league? The standard of the SPFL varies massively from the Premiership to League 2, so it's a comparison that doesn't make sense at all.

Edited by DA Baracus

57 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Are Morecambe 100x better than Ross County, no.

That was hypothetical, open to interpretation, driven purely by emotion and extreme disappointment.

Can they spend multiple times the amount on players, yes, 

Erm, NO

Adam's had no budget to work with at Morecambe, bullshitter seen to that by spending it all and leaving him with a squad load of second rate crocks before exiting the building turn-coat style before he was found out, it was a good job because relegation was nailed on thanks to him but Derek turned it round like the King he is.

Morecambe have never ever been in a position to spend multiple times on any player's, Derek had 5 or 6 player's still on the books at the start of this season before adding through the loan system and putting together a very well balanced squad.

He's never been backed and had he been last season, Morecambe would still be in league one and still without a relegation in their long history.

Alas, there's now many off field problem's with the ownership of the club and it could end very badly but Derek Adam's was without question the best thing that ever happened to Morecambe football club and he'll always be seen as the KING around these parts.

5 hours ago, 2426255 said:

No-one is being forced read the contents of this thread or to post in it. The most effective approach is simply to ignore the discussion if it's taken a turn you don't like and leave others to continue. Trying to influence posters to stop the conversation will probably just end up in disappointment.

I think this thread still has a lot more to give personally, so looking forward to that.

Another 74 posts of your and your sock puppet's pish?

Thanks but no thanks.

17 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

I think Morecambe & their fans don't have the slightest interest in how they would fare in Scottish football anymore than they'd be interested in how they'd fare in Puerto Rican football . And they certainly wouldn't pay attention to the semi-literate ravings of the idiot McFadden who I doubt many would have heard of in any case.

It’s really good in that sense, because nobody gives one single f**k about Morecambe, the league they’re in or the league they’re above or below. 

quite frankly…get to f**k

On 20/12/2023 at 18:41, Ludo*1 said:

Stockport County, currently cutting up League 2 having won their last game 8-0 must be absolute levels above all of us if shite like Morecambe are 100x better. I went and checked their squad and they have:

Kyle Knoyle

Jayden Richardson

Isaac Olaofe

Miles Hippolyte

In their squad currently. Absolute utter shite that a squad that contains the likes of that are better than those in Scotland. They absolutely can spend much more than most Scottish clubs but the thing that gets lost in the English leagues is that they spend that money on heaps of utter shite.

I genuinely believe Dundee would be able to give most League 1 sides a game and a top performing Hibs, Hearts or Aberdeen would be able to give the lower Championship sides a game. 

Too many buy into the English led narrative that their Leagues are the only show in town.

Can't agree with that I'm afraid. A brief look through the Dundee squad and there are players on loan from Forrest Green and Wimbledon respectively. I'd guess Dundee would finish about halfway in League 2. Hibs, Hearts & Aberdeen would be halfway in League 1. The standard in the Championship is far higher than the Scottish Premiership barring the old firm.

2 hours ago, Pilgrim Ranger said:

Can't agree with that I'm afraid. A brief look through the Dundee squad and there are players on loan from Forrest Green and Wimbledon respectively. I'd guess Dundee would finish about halfway in League 2. Hibs, Hearts & Aberdeen would be halfway in League 1. The standard in the Championship is far higher than the Scottish Premiership barring the old firm.

And how are those 2 guys doing b.t.w.?

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

And how are those 2 guys doing b.t.w.?

Its another thing that only works one way with these weirdos.

Zero mention of the fact we have loanees from Burnley and Newcastle unable to get into our line up. The Burnley loanee is, in terms of technical ability, arguably the worst in our squad too.

We'd finish mid-table in the EPL based on this evidence IMO.

8 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

It’s really good in that sense, because nobody gives one single f**k about Morecambe, the league they’re in or the league they’re above or below. 

quite frankly…get to f**k

Quite frankly learn some manners you foul mouthed half-wit ......it's Christmas after all, especially in Morecambe !!!

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its another thing that only works one way with these weirdos.

Zero mention of the fact we have loanees from Burnley and Newcastle unable to get into our line up. The Burnley loanee is, in terms of technical ability, arguably the worst in our squad too.

We'd finish mid-table in the EPL based on this evidence IMO.

We've got a Liverpool loanee on the bench who's not got a game in the league. 

I think thay makes us EPL winners and Champions league finalists