Motherwell v Rangers

18 minutes ago, bennett said:

Lammers and Matondo was like playing with 9 men, it showed the gulf between them and the players they received. 

Aye, thats right....make us feel worse.

Despite our issues in midfield and up front, our defence is really giving us a good platform to build on. Apparently that’s the third game in a row we haven’t conceded a shot on target.

Edited by AJF

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Despite our issues in midfield and up front, our defence is really giving gnus a good platform to build on. Apparently that’s the third game in a row we haven’t conceded a shot on target.

Meanwhile our defence is usually good for a goal with every 2nd shot on target. Soft as mince 😡

48 minutes ago, AJF said:

Despite our issues in midfield and up front, our defence is really giving us a good platform to build on. Apparently that’s the third game in a row we haven’t conceded a shot on target.

Defences win titles...

Over your 18 leagues games Opta says you've only conceded 9.8xG, next lowest figure is Celtic at 17.1

Once you add in that Butland is performing better than average, and Hart isnt, too, theres a big old guff between you and Celtic.

Realistically you should be favourites for the league. You just need 1 goal to win most games, while Celtic need 2, and their attack isnt good enough to do that regularly while yours is. I can see you winning the next OF with a clean sheet and then being top for the rest of the season tbh 

I mentioned that I hadn’t seen Rangers since 2019, this team is far behind the quality of teams from previous years but if teams like Motherwell help them to score then they will continue to prosper.  Other than the gifts I can only remember Cantwell’s shot, great effort matched by a great save.

Motherwell didn’t get the ball into the box enough, a raging wind, a slick pitch, anything could have happened but we tried to play round the edges, and failed.

Not despondent at a 2 goal defeat, I had baked in a 0-3 score line.

The second half wasn’t actually too bad.

On 23/12/2023 at 13:17, AJF said:

We are not in an ideal position for this match with a threadbare midfield to choose from. Cifuentes, Jack, Raskin, Lawrence and now Lundstram are all unavailable.

You've got a whole fucking 'b' team ffs. One that will help Scotland win World cups in the future as well, apparently.

On 24/12/2023 at 14:51, AJF said:

You always have a good platform to build on in every fixture with the match officials working for your team.

More noise cranking up about the non-award of a penalty when 1) There was a handball from a Well player prior 2) Biereth is actually the one pulling Dessers’ shirt sleeve, not the other way about, and 3) O’Donnell should’ve then been sent off in the same passage of play 😂

I mean you can clearly see he has a handful of Dessers’ shirt, and then look at the name and number on Dessers’ shirt stretching from being pulled then pinging back into place once Biereth lets go.

Edited by AJF

24 minutes ago, AJF said:

Biereth is actually the one pulling Dessers’ shirt sleeve, not the other way about.

AF25AA2E-93CE-4E98-99E3-057941394D6D.thumb.png.561e5f9b1b434a15433f5818de85732c.png

No wonder Biereth has a hold of his shirt, he’s presumably trying to wrestle himself free from the c**t looking to pull his arm out the socket. 

9 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

AF25AA2E-93CE-4E98-99E3-057941394D6D.thumb.png.561e5f9b1b434a15433f5818de85732c.png

No wonder Biereth has a hold of his shirt, he’s presumably trying to wrestle himself free from the c**t looking to pull his arm out the socket. 

So Biereth has initiated the pulling (as evidenced in that video), yet it should be Dessers that gets penalised for it? Even then, people are just willing to ignore the clear handball that lead to the incident.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Rangers fans are unwilling to see that a foul like that is a penalty for Rangers every single time, but since the turn of the millennium it’s never been given against Rangers, despite numerous examples. 

I’m unwilling to understand faux outrage for an incident that shouldn’t have been a penalty and correctly wasn’t awarded, yes.

Edited by AJF

17 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Just opened twitter to see that our fearless leader has light the blue touch paper on this incident lol

And then backtracked when they’ve realised they made an error. But it should be a learning experience for all of us 😅

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

So Biereth has initiated the pulling (as evidenced in that video), yet it should be Dessers that gets penalised for it? Even then, people are just willing to ignore the clear handball that lead to the incident.

I’m unwilling to understand faux outrage for an incident that shouldn’t have been a penalty and correctly wasn’t awarded, yes.

What the concern is the remarkable amount of times (i.e. nearly every time) these incidents are viewed in favour of Sevco.

Just now, Bogbrush1903 said:

What the concern is the remarkable amount of times (i.e. nearly every time) these incidents are viewed in favour of Sevco.

I’d understand that point if it was made on the back of a legitimate penalty claim though. I’ve said numerous times that I have no real objections to claims that we receive more favourable treatment compared to others. But this is just desperation stuff with people wilfully ignoring the handball and the fact that Biereth initiated the pulling.