Motherwell v Rangers

We are not in an ideal position for this match with a threadbare midfield to choose from. Cifuentes, Jack, Raskin, Lawrence and now Lundstram are all unavailable.

Add in Roofe’s latest injury and we only have Dessers as our only fit striker.

As such you’d imagine it will be a midfield of Sterling, Dowell and one of Cantwell or Lammers with Dessers flanked by Sima and McCausland.

Defensively we seem to be fairly solid in the league, only conceding 8 goals so far. I have a feeling that Balogun might come back in to partner Goldson.

It’s going to be difficult with the players we have missing but it really is a match we should be winning if we have aspirations to win the title.

At this rate we'll end up seeing Alex Rae putting his boots on again, the worst thing is that Lammers seems to be immune to injuries. 

Motherwell will obviously target central midfield, 1 - 2 with our usual nervous finish.

Things are going so bad for us on and off the field that we might just win. 

Haven’t beat Rangers in the league in 21 years.

Haven't won a game of football in 111 days. 

12 o’clock on any given Sunday is a shite kick off time but I imagine we’ll see an even lower home crowd than we usually get for old firm teams tomorrow than usual. I’ll be in arching from behind my sofa anyway. 

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

Things are going so bad for us on and off the field that we might just win. 

Haven’t beat Rangers in the league in 21 years.

Haven't won a game of football in 111 days. 

12 o’clock on any given Sunday is a shite kick off time but I imagine we’ll see an even lower home crowd than we usually get for old firm teams tomorrow than usual. I’ll be in arching from behind my sofa anyway. 

Aye, with the run we're on, the shite kick off time on an Xmas Eve and the fact our numbers drop when either of these mobs come to town anyway, I'd guess the home stands will be pretty bare tomorrow. 

First year in around 2 decades that I've not had a season book, and walked out of the ticket office yesterday wondering what the f**k I was actually thinking, after having my pants pulled down for 33 quid to attend. Crazy money for a game of fitba.

Time to repay the faith Motherwell, ya shower a' dicks. 

36 minutes ago, ropy said:

Is McAusland the wee guy that dives?  Any good?

At diving? Nah, utterly shite. His one against Livi was comical . Although, to the surprise of absolutely fucking no-one, the ref still gave the pen, although Tavernier went on to miss it.

Looks not too bad a player though tbf, so one we definitely need to keep a tight rein on tomorrow.

I'll be at the game but not looking forward to, even with their injury problems I think it'll unfortunately be a long afternoon for us with Kelly kicking things off with his usual mistake around 15 minutes. I'm starting to forget what Natalie Dormer looks like it's been that long since we've won.

Regardless of the result Kettlewell won't get emptied. Aberdeen away is much more important so just hope we get through tomorrow with no more injuries.

7 hours ago, AJF said:

We are not in an ideal position for this match with a threadbare midfield to choose from. Cifuentes, Jack, Raskin, Lawrence and now Lundstram are all unavailable.

Add in Roofe’s latest injury and we only have Dessers as our only fit striker.

As such you’d imagine it will be a midfield of Sterling, Dowell and one of Cantwell or Lammers with Dessers flanked by Sima and McCausland.

Defensively we seem to be fairly solid in the league, only conceding 8 goals so far. I have a feeling that Balogun might come back in to partner Goldson.

It’s going to be difficult with the players we have missing but it really is a match we should be winning if we have aspirations to win the title.

Blah blah penalty to Rangers blah 

2 hours ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Lowest home crowd of the season incoming.

The crowd v the Old firm is always lower. 

Tomorrow will see 3000 home fans if u r lucky. It is a shit time of year for football. Out of the 10 or so that are in our group only half are going to the game. I head north to my Mums every Xmas eve. Tomorrow will be no different 🤷‍♂️

Expect us to compete well enough but the usual rules apply. We will gift a goal or two from rank amateur defending. We will miss a few chances. Failing that the masons in the black will give them a penalty for f**k all whilst denying us one for a Rangers defender decapitating One of our forwards. Or a similar story but with the same outcome 😡🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, welldaft said:

The crowd v the Old firm is always lower. 

Tomorrow will see 3000 home fans if u r lucky. It is a shit time of year for football. Out of the 10 or so that are in our group only half are going to the game. I head north to my Mums every Xmas eve. Tomorrow will be no different 🤷‍♂️

I disagree. Normally the opposite for me in that I bump into people who are visiting family here, or who I’ve not seen in ages. 12 pm kick off on Christmas Eve pretty much ruins that though as there won’t be the usual couple of drinks before the game, and most of my crowd are heading home straight after. 

Listening to the weather now, it’s no day for football being played.  Kind of day you want to keep it on the deck, so I fully anticipate us playing a series of long balls. 

10 hours ago, D-Fens Foster said:

Probably gonna sleep through this as i’m a few drinks deep listening to the boxing. I’d much rather we just forfeit the match 3-0 because we already know that’s probably the amount of pens Rangers will get. Wake me up when it’s the Livi game 😴

Sleeping through the Aberdeen game as well?