Motherwell v Rangers

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

So Biereth has initiated the pulling (as evidenced in that video), yet it should be Dessers that gets penalised for it? Even then, people are just willing to ignore the clear handball that lead to the incident.

I’m unwilling to understand faux outrage for an incident that shouldn’t have been a penalty and correctly wasn’t awarded, yes.

The game is over and we got beat, we didn’t get a penalty, there may have been a handball, I’ve moved on.  But there is no video in this thread that shows me that Biereth initiated the pulling.  The Rangers boy seems to have his arm round the wrist the whole time.

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’ve said numerous times that I have no real objections to claims that we receive more favourable treatment compared to others. 

Well you seem a fair-minded chap @AJFbut even that admission is galling in itself.

All we ask for as paying fans is for the the matches to be refereed fairly and consistently across all teams. What is considered a foul last week, is a foul this week and likewise isn't a foul last week shouldn't be a foul this week.

But there's inherent bias in Scotland, most referees will be either green or blue because both clubs are grotesquely larger than any other team in the league.

13 minutes ago, ropy said:

The game is over and we got beat, we didn’t get a penalty, there may have been a handball, I’ve moved on.  But there is no video in this thread that shows me that Biereth initiated the pulling.  The Rangers boy seems to have his arm round the wrist the whole time.

Well, the tweet I posted you could certainly see Biereth grasping at Dessers shirt. And from this still, I’d say it would be pretty impossible for Dessers to also have a hold of Biereth’s wrist unless he is able to contort or bend his forearm

IMG_2566.jpeg

54 minutes ago, AJF said:

So Biereth has initiated the pulling (as evidenced in that video), yet it should be Dessers that gets penalised for it? Even then, people are just willing to ignore the clear handball that lead to the incident.

I’m unwilling to understand faux outrage for an incident that shouldn’t have been a penalty and correctly wasn’t awarded, yes.

Blinkered. 

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

Well, the tweet I posted you could certainly see Biereth grasping at Dessers shirt. And from this still, I’d say it would be pretty impossible for Dessers to also have a hold of Biereth’s wrist unless he is able to contort or bend his forearm

IMG_2566.jpeg

Not sure how many times people need to be reminded that stills are no indication of what happens over a four/five second incident. I mean, Bennett showed a still of the Goldson/Duk penalty that we didn't get at Ibrox  which made it look as if Duk was fouling Goldson. 

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Blinkered. 

In what way? Do you believe it was a penalty? Even if it’s contested that Biereth initiated the grappling, there is still the handball that led to it ignored. You then need to consider that people are then ignoring Biereth pulling Dessers (even if you don’t believe he initiated it), and then come to a conclusion that Dessers should be the only one penalised for both players pulling each other. How?

10 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not sure how many times people need to be reminded that stills are no indication of what happens over a four/five second incident. I mean, Bennett showed a still of the Goldson/Duk penalty that we didn't get at Ibrox  which made it look as if Duk was fouling Goldson. 

I’ve posted both the clip and the still, though. The still is a fairly good indicator that in that image Biereth has a hold of Dessers jersey, but it would appear impossible for Dessers to have a hold of Biereth’s wrist as claimed unless, as I said, he can contort his forearm backwards.

Biereth is holding the jersey at sleeve height. Try and bring your left hand up to your left sleeve line. It’s impossible due to the length of your forearm.

It’s just a few things people are overlooking in order to claim it should’ve been a penalty without explaining why.

Edited by AJF

I’ve seen a lot of mention of the “handball” before hand. Surely it’s an irrelevance? It’s not deliberate, it isn’t unnatural position and the player involved doesn’t score from the handball. I may be missing something but that’s the current text of the IFAB rules. Unless I’m missing something it looks like he flicks it down into his arm which is by his side when it grazes it. 

1 hour ago, AJF said:

IMG_2566.jpeg

My issue is theres zero way they're seeing this on the VAR check. People are now spending half an hour finding exampes of how theyre right on both sides, when that hust wasnt possible during the actual game.

Its another incident of Rangers getting the benefit of the doubt while others dont.

46 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I agree a still image is pointless, but given theres plenty of clips that show dessers being pulled over said 4 second incident, then it seema strange how it's conveniently ignored no? 

Same with the 2 handballs a second before it and the stamp on Butland 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

My issue is theres zero way they're seeing this on the VAR check. People are now spending half an hour finding exampes of how theyre right on both sides, when that hust wasnt possible during the actual game.

Its another incident of Rangers getting the benefit of the doubt while others dont.

The same incident motherwell should have been down to ten men, you say we benefit from? 

My last word on this incident. What no Rangers fan on here has agreed with is that, regardless of whether it's a penalty or not, if that same incident happens in the Motherwell box with the roles reversed, 100% of the time Rangers are awarded a penalty.

22 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

My last word on this incident. What no Rangers fan on here has agreed with is that, regardless of whether it's a penalty or not, if that same incident happens in the Motherwell box with the roles reversed, 100% of the time Rangers are awarded a penalty.

I think this is the thrust of the discussion (but get out of jail card is that the ball brushed a knuckle).

39 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

The same incident motherwell should have been down to ten men, you say we benefit from? 

Im saying if that pull happens in the other box its given as a penalty.

17 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

As you well know Bennett there are more than 2 clubs in Scotland. Usual OF fan bullshit.

The narrative comes from celtic fans, coincidentally being stepped up a few gears before an old firm game.

As you well know.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

The narrative comes from celtic fans, coincidentally being stepped up a few gears before an old firm game.

As you well know.

When it comes to penalty inconsistencies or how VAR is used I don’t think it’s only Celtic fans who are pushing this narrative, as you well know.

How many trophies Celtic have won really has little to do with penalty discussions involving Rangers games against Aberdeen and Motherwell and you probably well know this too.

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We got the benefit of the doubt because it wasn’t a penalty 😂

As I said before, I’d appreciate this stuff if it had come on the back of a legitimate penalty claim.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

We got the benefit of the doubt because it wasn’t a penalty 😂

It doesnt matter. You get it if it happens against you, and youre probably on here arguing it should be a penalty.

This is the point. Rangers get penalties when other clubs dont, Rangers dont concede penalties other clubs do.

You wont see it due to bias, and thats fine, but its undeniable at this stage and fairly obvious to everyone else.

Edited by RandomGuy.