Aberdeen v St Mirren, farewell to 2023.

29 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Robson not sacked yet?

Lose to Ross County and Cormack will need to Cormack him, surely? In regard to Aberdeen’s games in hand, specifically regarding the current league positions of Aberdeen and St Mirren - I don’t know who their four opponents are in these games, but even if Aberdeen win all four, that means defeats for their opponents. Stating the obvious I know, but they both can’t win, so swings and roundabouts in regard to the outcome of these four games affecting St Mirren. Draws in the four games in hand help neither team really.

All in all then, I’m totally relaxed about Aberdeen having four games in hand on us. Quite happy to have the points we do have in the bank, and head into 2024 far from the top flight’s crisis club.

Happy New Year to all excited toddler St Mirren fans… and everyone else on here. Diddies that you are. 😀

Edited by pozbaird

11 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

Like the Tarts squad last season this Dons squad can't cope with having European games and domestic football in the first-half of the season, Aberdeen will come good make the top 6 no problem, stand free.

The evidence for this is pretty weak. If their schedule caused tiredness, what is the excuse yesterday, as they had ten days free before it and St Mirren had played twice in that time?

The high number of games in hand also mean they will still likely be playing twice a week well into the new year.

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

The evidence for this is pretty weak. If their schedule caused tiredness, what is the excuse yesterday, as they had ten days free before it and St Mirren had played twice in that time?

The high number of games in hand also mean they will still likely be playing twice a week well into the new year.

Aberdeen have played 2 more games than The saints this season getting to a final and travelling to away fixtures I would say it's mental fatigue more than physical.

18 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

Aberdeen have played 2 more games than The saints this season getting to a final and travelling to away fixtures I would say it's mental fatigue more than physical.

The poor wee lambs. Sorry, the poor wee souls. Fcuk sake, they’ve hardly had Man City’s schedule.

Just now, willywastecoat said:

Yes Aberdeen have the squad Man city have,makes total sense M8.

From the person suggesting Aberdeen’s woes are down to mental fatigue from reaching the Scottish League Cup Final and playing some games in Europe this season, aye ‘M8’. Their woes are because their manager is inept, and, as I’ve been saying since day one, there’s really not a big gap in squad quality these days between Aberdeen, St Mirren, Killie, Hibs.

They’ll just need to knuckle down like anyone in a bad place. A competent manager would help. Mentally fatigued my arse. Like most of us can be, they’re just a bit shite at present.

Mentally fatigued in a profession that works less than 30 hours per week is laughable, physically fatigued would be fair but to say kicking a football twice per week, training with your mates and having a nice wee lunch after training is mentally fatiguing is quite frankly mental. 😂

10 hours ago, FTOF said:

It's very amusing how certain fans of other "huge" clubs seem to be obsessed with us.

Even clubs that haven't kicked a ball against us in anger as they've been so far below us for so long.

In fairness if we chucked away a 2 nil lead away to the mighty Ayr, we would be looking for some solace too 🤣

2 up after 9 minutes and they fecked it up 🤦🏼‍♂️

Average, honest Aberdeen fan: 'We are absolutely terrible. Fair play to St Mirren - no complaints about the result and a fully deserved win.'

Average online St Mirren fan: 'Oh dear! Why can't you just admit that we deserved to win and you sheepshaggers are absolute shite?! Not taking this well at all, Sheepie, are you?!'

11 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Average, honest Aberdeen fan: 'We are absolutely terrible. Fair play to St Mirren - no complaints about the result and a fully deserved win.'

Average online St Mirren fan: 'Oh dear! Why can't you just admit that we deserved to win and you sheepshaggers are absolute shite?! Not taking this well at all, Sheepie, are you?!'

Pretty good summation.

11 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Fair enough.

Though not sure what I'm supposed to do with this now:

OIG (19).jpeg

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I’m certainly not having a go at Aberdeen. Still a long way to go in the season and you proved that being one of the richest clubs in the country last season that resulted in a strong finish. I think what makes this league so great outside of the uglies is that all the other teams can do a number on each other home and away. 
It is extremely rare for St Mirren to win away at any ground in the top flight.

I felt the challenge by Fraser at 1-0 was going to lead to a penalty for Aberdeen that could’ve had a major difference to the outcome of the match ans I think it happened quite soon after the missed O’Hara penalty. 

The only reason that I think the VAR team ignored it was to “even up” after they fcuked up the 2-2 penalty equaliser in Paisley 😂……

Imagine had that happened in a bigot fest game? 

I think you will be fine and Dandy if you recruit well in January. 

Absolutely no issues with Aberdeen or their supporters. 

2 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I’m certainly not having a go at Aberdeen. Still a long way to go in the season and you proved that being one of the richest clubs in the country last season that resulted in a strong finish. I think what makes this league so great outside of the uglies is that all the other teams can do a number on each other home and away. 
It is extremely rare for St Mirren to win away at any ground in the top flight.

I felt the challenge by Fraser at 1-0 was going to lead to a penalty for Aberdeen that could’ve had a major difference to the outcome of the match ans I think it happened quite soon after the missed O’Hara penalty. 

The only reason that I think the VAR team ignored it was to “even up” after they fcuked up the 2-2 penalty equaliser in Paisley 😂……

Imagine had that happened in a bigot fest game? 

I think you will be fine and Dandy if you recruit well in January. 

Absolutely no issues with Aberdeen or their supporters. 

Almost a greenie.

Just now, kingjoey said:

Almost a greenie.

You still owe us a few for Bell, Weir, Stark, McDougall. 

Go on….it’s the season of goodwill!

If it makes it any easier SAF currently will not return to St Mirren to accept any award as he still has the hump with an infamous P&B posters grandad.