Aberdeen v St Mirren, farewell to 2023.

4 hours ago, Torfason said:

This is not the league you're looking for. 

16 minutes ago, FTOF said:

It's very amusing how certain fans of other "huge" clubs seem to be obsessed with us.

Even clubs that haven't kicked a ball against us in anger as they've been so far below us for so long.

Thank you for proving my point lads x

21 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Absolutely correct. You seemed to be suggesting that we don't have four games in hand over you.

Probably comes down to whose hands those four games are in. Obviously the rest of the league is hoping Robson gets to continue, which on your current PPG leaves you on about 23-24 points.

The game yesterday showed what a knife edge we play our football on, and shows why our form has been so poor. The stakes are high when you're happy giving possession away: when you do have the ball, your passes have to count and you have to be clinical. Recently we've been gash in possession, passes and crosses have been poor and movement has been a bit shit.

Yesterday, all of those were better and it made the world of difference. When we get those things right, we're still a very competitive side at this level. When we get them wrong, we can get papped 4-0 by Dundee.

Can only hope Ayunga takes a boost from his goal, that we can add some depth/options in the middle of the park, (ie replace Baccus), and that Elvis turns out to be the real deal.

9 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

St Mirren fans are very consistent tbf; absolutely shocking patter win, draw or lose.

It's definitely much worse when they win. Posted earlier in the season that they are like excitable toddlers that you just need to let tire themselves out, and they prove this again and again.

The funny thing about them is that they want it both ways. Whenver they win, they give it the David and Goliath stuff as if beating a team with a bigger budget than you is the scaling of Everest. Yet, they also have a deep, deep yearning to be taken seriously, and get very upset when fans of bigger clubs dismiss them.

What can you do?

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

It's definitely much worse when they win. Posted earlier in the season that they are like excitable toddlers that you just need to let tire themselves out, and they prove this again and again.

The funny thing about them is that they want it both ways. Whenver they win, they give it the David and Goliath stuff as if beating a team with a bigger budget than you is the scaling of Everest. Yet, they also have a deep, deep yearning to be taken seriously, and get very upset when fans of bigger clubs dismiss them.

What can you do?

Off the scale levels of lack of self awareness.  

Aberdeen's games in hand is becoming the new "run of home games coming up".

So far, we've heard from Robson that Aberdeen have a lot of congestion (even though Hearts' congestion last autumn never saw them in the same peril in the league). Yet, with a lengthy break they go out and get scudded at home. We've heard that they'd had bad fixtures (fair) and that the run of home games will see improvement. They've lost two of those four home games without scoring a goal to teams with poor away records, and scraped a win against a Livi side that's touring the country getting beat.

Now it's games in hand. We'll see. But there is absolutely no evidence Aberdeen have a run of form in them. There's mounting evidence that they're just not very good.

Edited by VincentGuerin

10 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

So far, we've heard from Robson that Aberdeen have a lot of congestion (even though Hearts' congestion last autumn never saw them in the same peril in the league). Yet, with a lengthy break they go out and get scudded at home. We've heard that they'd had bad fixtures (fair) and that the run of home games will see improvement. They've lost two of those four home games without scoring a goal to teams with poor away records, and scraped a win against a Livi side that's touring the country getting beat.

Now it's games in hand. We'll see. But there is absolutely no evidence Aberdeen have a run of form in them. There's mounting evidence that they're just not very good.

This squad with a couple of additions to rebalance the squad, coached by a proper manager is absolutely fine for this league. 

I’ll leave arguing over games in hand to you and the st Mirren fans. I’m not sure many of us expect Robsons Aberdeen to put a run together. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

This squad with a couple of additions to rebalance the squad, coached by a proper manager is absolutely fine for this league.

Fine for the league is reasonable. I don't think they'll get relegated.

But it's getting harder and harder to buy the line that this is a good squad. It patently isn't.

4 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Fine for the league is reasonable. I don't think they'll get relegated.

But it's getting harder and harder to buy the line that this is a good squad. It patently isn't.

I think middle to front is good and being utilised appallingly. The centre halves have to be questioned, even Jensen and gartenmann look shaky. We are weak on the left side with Hayes, mcgarry and Mackenzie all weak in different ways, albeit Mackenzie has been ok this season when fit. 

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

What can you do?

Shockeroonie. When the rare days arrive that see your team win at one of Scotland’s big clubs (Uglies, Embra’, The Famous), imagine having the temerity to enjoy it, and say so in no uncertain terms on Scotland’s No1 fitba’ forum. When our third went in and we went 0-3 up at a big club, I nearly lit pyro and threw it into a neighbour’s garden, I was that excited. It was either that, or try out one of this forum’s ideas this week - ‘chugging one out in front of the mirror’. I’ll keep that for when we pump ra’ Sellik in a couple of day’s time. 😎

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

That’s my take on it too. All Aberdeen need is a bunch of new players and a new manager and you will probably avoid relegation this season. Probably. 

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

There is no disputing that Aberdeen have a minimum of one game in hand over all teams, as many as four on some. I don’t think that anyone is suggesting that we will win all of these games, in fact we may win none of them, but the fact that we have these games is undeniable.

14 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

St Mirren fans are very consistent tbf; absolutely shocking patter win, draw or lose.

I’m sure you could go into any match day topic and find similar banter between two sets of supporters. 

There are a number of individuals across the forum who are rather hateful towards others. I don’t tend to see that with current Saints supporters.
In general St Mirren fans tend to be no different to anyone else in my experience. We have had a number of infamous posters who have been binned. 

Btw has Lee Bullen and the Dunfermline team forgiven the Saints team of 99/00 for stealing their championship medals? 

Next year will mark the 25th anniversary of that season.

Ffs where has the time gone? 

Edited by Molotov