Aberdeen v St Mirren, farewell to 2023.

What a banterrific club the Dons are. We had lost six away games in a row before this one, in our last two home games we had lost to Kilmarnock and drew with Motherwell. 
We still go up the road and pump them three zip in their own midden. Please never change, and please never sack Barry Boy. Easy. 

St Mirren should be thanking Dave Cormack for enabling them to appoint a decent manager in Stephen Robinson by taking the useless Jim Goodwin away from Paisley.

Sadly we replaced Goodwin with an equally incompetent manager. Same hoofball week after week. If we sell Miovski in January I can see us being in serious relegation trouble 

24 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

St Mirren should be thanking Dave Cormack for enabling them to appoint a decent manager in Stephen Robinson by taking the useless Jim Goodwin away from Paisley.

Yes, we will be forever grateful you fell for the Goodwin scam, enabling us to appoint a real football manager.  

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

Goodwin was a good manager for us. He also put Aberdeen in their place a couple of times.

He certainly improved us but should have achieved top 6 and the semi final defeats were poor. Signings were good but I thought he was a little stubborn, like the awful run before the winter break when the fans could see the issues with the shape before he finally chucked 5-3-2 and went on the run of 4 wins and a draw that got him the Aberdeen job! I thought he was a bit fortunate to get the job and said he would need luck but was accused of sour grapes 😂

I don’t watch enough of Aberdeen, so not best placed to comment, but from what I see they seem to have decent enough players but just lack something overall to get it working as a team. I can see why they don’t think Robson is the right man however the results at the end of last year made it hard to ignore him. The County game is a big one for his future.

Anyway on the game, pleased to win today but missing the first penalty was frustrating as that would have made things easier. Feel for O’Hara he’s just not at last seasons level despite the goal. Perhaps the break will come at a good time for him. Just looking at it, I feel we got a couple of breaks today we just didn’t get in some of the last few games. 7 points from last 5 of County, Killie, Motherwell at home and Aberdeen and Hearts away isn’t the best but isn’t awful. 

24 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

He certainly improved us but should have achieved top 6 and the semi final defeats were poor. Signings were good but I thought he was a little stubborn, like the awful run before the winter break when the fans could see the issues with the shape before he finally chucked 5-3-2 and went on the run of 4 wins and a draw that got him the Aberdeen job! I thought he was a bit fortunate to get the job and said he would need luck but was accused of sour grapes 😂

I don’t watch enough of Aberdeen, so not best placed to comment, but from what I see they seem to have decent enough players but just lack something overall to get it working as a team. I can see why they don’t think Robson is the right man however the results at the end of last year made it hard to ignore him. The County game is a big one for his future.

Anyway on the game, pleased to win today but missing the first penalty was frustrating as that would have made things easier. Feel for O’Hara he’s just not at last seasons level despite the goal. Perhaps the break will come at a good time for him. Just looking at it, I feel we got a couple of breaks today we just didn’t get in some of the last few games. 7 points from last 5 of County, Killie, Motherwell at home and Aberdeen and Hearts away isn’t the best but isn’t awful. 

I take your point, but - as you say - Goodwin improved us. Semi finals were a disappointment, but we haven't managed a semi final since. We missed out on top 6 by a last minute goal, then the next season we were looking good for top 6 until he left. By any measure he was a good manager for us. 

We got a few quid from Aberdeen and managed to bring in another good manager, so definitely worked out well for us. 

Edited by houston_bud

13 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

I wouldn't be betting us at anything less than evens.

No matter how poor St. Mirren are playing, we can always fund a way to f**k it up. Livi game looked like we were going to do just that

I hope you win your bet.

Well there you go football really is a funny old game. I don't think any Saints fan seen that coming I certainly didn't.  Will gladly take the 3 points over a tenner any day of the week. Have St Mirren found their mojo ? 

4 hours ago, Torfason said:

This is not the league you're looking for. 

It's very amusing how certain fans of other "huge" clubs seem to be obsessed with us.

Even clubs that haven't kicked a ball against us in anger as they've been so far below us for so long.