Aberdeen v St Mirren, farewell to 2023.

40 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Every time they win they manufacture some sort of grievance from us to latch onto. 

Barry Robsons Aberdeen are pish, no one was expecting us to pump st Mirren. 

The posts earlier in the thread suggest that you expected to beat us.

I said you've been honking and suggested you were a one man (striker) team. That didn't go down well.

However, difficult to argue with that after today's latest humiliation.

46 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Wasn't playing today so hard to tell.

Yes, I did notice. He wasn’t playing the last time either. No wait, he was, we allowed him two hits at the penalty. Obviously resting him for the more difficult games…

1 minute ago, Kempes said:

Yes, I did notice. He wasn’t playing the last time either. No wait, he was, we allowed him two hits at the penalty. Obviously resting him for the more difficult games…

Haha - how can you still be so utterly rattled by that penalty?

That was absolutely abysmal. 

The first half was so, so poor. I could probably just copy and paste what I have posted previously about the shortcomings of this formation, both with and without the ball. The amount of times one of our defenders or midfielders had basically no options available to them, with the exception of going back to Roos or playing a straight pass forward, is an indictment on the manager and his coaching staff. There were moments just before half-time where the centre-backs had possession, St Mirren went into a low-block, and our players were actually standing in a circular shape, basically all man-marked and not moving. It was quite spectacular to watch. 

I thought even Robson would surely change something at half-time, but no. Our strongest spell was the fifteen minutes just after half-time, and Hemming makes a good save from McGarry, but we never looked in serious danger of cutting them open. Despite the best efforts of Clarkson to occasionally inject some quality into our play, we were primarily hoping for a defensive error or scrambling something from a set-piece. There was eventually a change of shape and some substitutions, but they arguably made us even worse from an already very low base. The capitulation in the final quarter of an hour was pathetic, but not exactly inconsistent with a poor team at a low ebb under the worst manager in the league. 

11 minutes ago, FTOF said:

The posts earlier in the thread suggest that you expected to beat us.

I said you've been honking and suggested you were a one man (striker) team. That didn't go down well.

However, difficult to argue with that after today's latest humiliation.

Ok pal, we all thought we’d obliterate you diddies today and you’ve really shown us up. Congrats! 

7 minutes ago, kent_don said:

Haha - how can you still be so utterly rattled by that penalty?

Don’t worry about us. In six months time you lot will still be pissed off that we missed a penalty and only scored three today. Barry will, therefore, stay, just a little bit longer…(c) Jackson Browne 😂

9 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

That was absolutely abysmal. 

The first half was so, so poor. I could probably just copy and paste what I have posted previously about the shortcomings of this formation, both with and without the ball. The amount of times one of our defenders or midfielders had basically no options available to them, with the exception of going back to Roos or playing a straight pass forward, is an indictment on the manager and his coaching staff. There were moments just before half-time where the centre-backs had possession, St Mirren went into a low-block, and our players were actually standing in a circular shape, basically all man-marked and not moving. It was quite spectacular to watch. 

I thought even Robson would surely change something at half-time, but no. Our strongest spell was the fifteen minutes just after half-time, and Hemming makes a good save from McGarry, but we never looked in serious danger of cutting them open. Despite the best efforts of Clarkson to occasionally inject some quality into our play, we were primarily hoping for a defensive error or scrambling something from a set-piece. There was eventually a change of shape and some substitutions, but they arguably made us even worse from an already very low base. The capitulation in the final quarter of an hour was pathetic, but not exactly inconsistent with a poor team at a low ebb under the worst manager in the league. 

And the negatives...

1 hour ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

He maybe has his Hearts set on going somewhere else but if Robson was allowed to play Barron you would get better results. 

I don't think he'll be heading to the capital however I do agree that irrespective of whether he's leaving or not we are not in a position to be excluding good players when they are available to play.