Pars vs Rovers Episode V - Really, again?!

12 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

The Arbroath boys claim that Ian Murray was roaring at Gayfield your going down - I’m no buying that at all and it’s probably some made up shite stemming back from when they pipped us to the league. 

All second hand but I’ve heard of a few situations similar to this when it comes to Ian Murray. 

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

In fairness, we were also terrible that night, probably our worst home performance of the season, as bad as Ayr a few weeks before.

You did have a few players out at the back but you have a lot of quality in midfield and up front which probably masked your deficiencies at the back on the night plus again we were rubbish.

Our injuries have been right through the team not just limited to defence (although all our centre halves have had spells out) Every week it seems to be a different player out and someone has to move from their natural position to cover, often during games which has limited our ability to make changes to see a game out or get back into a game if behind.

However unlucky we may claim to be, JM chose to go with what we had, so this situation is, at least in part, down to him 

I'm not making excuses and I'm not "at it" - even first choice 11 v 11 we'd be second best.

I'll go 1-3 for tomorrow. Stanton will probably still score....

Yeah, I don’t think Dunfermline can be as bad as that night. Probably our best performance of the season too. Our injuries were mainly defensive but we were still missing Byrne and Matthews who alongside Brown are our holding midfielders and Brown had to play in defence due to the injuries there. We did have all our attacking players though and ultimately that quality proved the difference. Think it’s played a part in Murray favouring having as many attacking players on the pitch since which has somewhat backfired the last couple of games.

Don’t get me wrong, if I was a Pars fan I wouldn’t be massively confident given the results in the derbies this season and their injury list. However, the point is in our last two games, Ayr and Arbroath overcame adversity worse than the Pars are facing with their injuries, to get a point away from home against us, so there’s no reason the Pars can’t also get a result here. Our results have been brilliant this season but our last two performances, given the circumstances, were really poor so there is definitely plenty of encouragement for the Pars there.

Edited by R.R.FC

I wasn’t very optimistic about this one before our latest batch of injuries, I now fear an even more humiliating defeat than the last one. 
Rovers are playing some fantastic fitbaw right now, and I can’t see us putting a dent in their march to the title. 

Taylor Sutherland’s been recalled, so it’s another option, although still not really a senior player.

Main concern is Raith’s energy in midfield/behind the strikers and our distinct lack of energetic players there. It’s really not the game for the Allan/Chalmers partnership, but we still don’t have any other option. Ideally, we’d have at least one of Hamilton/Otoo in midfield.

Hopefully McPake has some sort of plan to at least score a goal in this one. Even if that does involve Max Little making his first team debut, coming on for Jakubiak/Wighton.

Just bought mine and going to be driving through, where's the best place to park ? Every time I've gone to East End I've always done it with the Fife's Finest bus, been a bit pished and never taken any notice of car parking nearby.

18 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Just bought mine and going to be driving through, where's the best place to park ? Every time I've gone to East End I've always done it with the Fife's Finest bus, been a bit pished and never taken any notice of car parking nearby.

I was going to ask the same question. If I recall previously, the advice was to park on Robertson Road just next to Dunfermline Cemetery (and the Bellyeoman area), and then take the short walk south through the cemetery to East End Park.

1 hour ago, keyser_soze said:

1 hour ago, RaithRovers1883 said:

I was going to ask the same question. If I recall previously, the advice was to park on Robertson Road just next to Dunfermline Cemetery (and the Bellyeoman area), and then take the short walk south through the cemetery to East End Park.

Assuming you're coming from Kirkcaldy, there are plenty of side streets off Halbeath Road you can try although they can get busy the closer to kick off you arrive. It can be a bit of a walk, maybe over a mile but probably about the same distance if you were to park in say Munro St or Lady Helen St and walk to Starks?

Alternatively, you can turn right at the crossroads and then left at the hospital to get to Robertson Road or eventually Bellyeoman Toad and walk through the graveyard ad suggested, although there aren't as many spaces/side streets around there. The further among Bellyeoman Road you go, the further the walk to the away end. 

53 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

No Karaoke, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

I’m sure the message will be adhered to… Will be the same as always, despite the delays at turnstiles due to these ‘searches’ there will be multiple flares/pyro on the pitch from both ends.

Main question is whether some Neanderthal in the away end will hit their own fans with a flare again, like they did in the cup game?

42 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I’m sure the message will be adhered to… Will be the same as always, despite the delays at turnstiles due to these ‘searches’ there will be multiple flares/pyro on the pitch from both ends.

Main question is whether some Neanderthal in the away end will hit their own fans with a flare again, like they did in the cup game?

If there is, hopefully this time they get a kicking. 

10 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

They let you back in then?

Easy, be pasty white and pick a line between a couple of shifty looking types, bonus if they’re “more tanned” than you…you’ll nip right through. Actually got in at Heathrow in 1 minute, DFW took over 20 minutes, plus 10 minutes of walking to find the end of the line.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Ah, but perhaps The Pars will adopt the new security innovation that was deployed at Stark's Park on Saturday. The stewards at the turnstiles were having kids pat themselves down in order to identify contraband. A truly impossible system to overcome. 

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Ah, but perhaps The Pars will adopt the new security innovation that was deployed at Stark's Park on Saturday. The stewards at the turnstiles were having kids pat themselves down in order to identify contraband. A truly impossible system to overcome. 

🤣 superb. 

22 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Are they going to refuse someone entry for refusing to give themselves a pat down? 

5 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Main concern is Raith’s energy in midfield/behind the strikers and our distinct lack of energetic players there.

Apparently you missed the news, there's a blackout in midfield since Stanton got injured. Byrne is best with 2 DM, and Brown isn't a solo DM either. Matthews had those abilities, but hasn't even returned to the pitch yet for a match. Both Ayr and Arbroath showed a distinct lack of passing through the midfield versus previous games this season, and a weakness in the back. If we line up 4-1-3-2, there is a distinct chance the Pars might get it right up us.

4 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Are they going to refuse someone entry for refusing to give themselves a pat down? 

The opportunity to play "I Touch Myself" when approaching the stewards would be superb.