Pars vs Rovers Episode V - Really, again?!

2 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

Well we made it competitive which was what I was wanting before the game and from there see if we can sneak something. We started the game well but after 10/15 mins rovers were the better team and deserved to be ahead. All the guys around me had resigned themselves that rovers would grab a second the way the game was going. Fair play to Summers to give the team a lift out of nowwhere with a wee bit of magic. 

What is frustrating is losing 2 goals from set pieces against a rovers team who arn't particularly big.  After losing 2 cbs again we did ok but miss real quality up front. Most of the second half was a carbon copy of the 0-1 game at east end where we couldn't break down an organised rovers side while they lacked a bit of quality on the break to kill the game. Frustating we couldnt test the keeper more but thats down to rovers pretty solid defending along with our lack of quality. I think we have only scored 11 goals at home in 9 games(need to check that when I get home)

As a side note I have noticed that most of the songs rovers fans sing seem to be about the pars which I quite enjoy.

Raging.

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

10 points from 27 at home. 

Not good enough. 

Lost 5/9 at home (plus, obviously the hammering in the cup). No wonder the atmosphere is flat again at East End. There’s nothing at all to get excited about, it’s really poor and we need to improve the squad in January. But I’m just not convinced McPake can see the issues. He’s too loyal to his League 1 winners and doesn’t seem to see the weaknesses in our team - or opponents!

I’m sure McPake will claim we were unlucky to lose and deserved a point. Also moan about injuries. But he won’t acknowledge the repeated issues with players switching off/losing really soft goals. Also won’t acknowledge the fact that when we needed a goal we created absolutely nothing in the last 10 mins and passed the ball about the back for 30 seconds, to let Raith players reset, before slowly moving forward with the ball. The fact we seem to lose every 50/50 in big games is an issue, but he just seems to accept that and claim we played well anyway.

6 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

Well we made it competitive which was what I was wanting before the game and from there see if we can sneak something. We started the game well but after 10/15 mins rovers were the better team and deserved to be ahead. All the guys around me had resigned themselves that rovers would grab a second the way the game was going. Fair play to Summers to give the team a lift out of nowwhere with a wee bit of magic. 

What is frustrating is losing 2 goals from set pieces against a rovers team who arn't particularly big.  After losing 2 cbs again we did ok but miss real quality up front. Most of the second half was a carbon copy of the 0-1 game at east end where we couldn't break down an organised rovers side while they lacked a bit of quality on the break to kill the game. Frustating we couldnt test the keeper more but thats down to rovers pretty solid defending along with our lack of quality. I think we have only scored 11 goals at home in 9 games(need to check that when I get home)

As a side note I have noticed that most of the songs rovers fans sing seem to be about the pars which I quite enjoy.

That seems like a fairly accurate summary. There were a few attacks that we messed up with the wrong ball or took too long. Though for a game with so many midfielders, there was a lot of time where the ball was in the air. 

9 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

🤣

I’m not surprised that we lost, and to be fair we were way better than I thought we would have been. 
We all know that top teams can grind out a result against the toughest of opposition, and Rovers showed that today. 
I must admit, and I’m sure the unblinkered Rovers fans will agree that our makeshift Pars team did themselves proud today, even in defeat. I’m taking nothing away from a Rovers team that are flying right now, they are the best championship team I’ve seen this season, but I’m delighted by the performance our boys put in today. 
I expected to see us lose today, but we gave a bloody good account of ourselves in this match against the most in form team in this league. 
I’m a happy Pars fan today despite our lack of options for a starting 11. 
im happy in the knowledge that we can only get stronger as our lads come back from injury, and hopefully more so with the chance to strengthen in this window 

Saw we had a pitch invader at the second goal as well, some old gray haired lad. Shame the stewards didn't give him a hiding before throwing him out. 

Also, another old codger who thought it would be a good idea to climb down over the seats, did the first one, stumbled and lost his balance then tried again before falling down 3 rows into the concrete barrier above the exit door. Would have been a shame and not hilarious if it hadn't been his own stupid fault. 

5 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Lost 5/9 at home (plus, obviously the hammering in the cup). No wonder the atmosphere is flat again at East End. There’s nothing at all to get excited about, it’s really poor and we need to improve the squad in January. But I’m just not convinced McPake can see the issues. He’s too loyal to his League 1 winners and doesn’t seem to see the weaknesses in our team - or opponents!

I’m sure McPake will claim we were unlucky to lose and deserved a point. Also moan about injuries. But he won’t acknowledge the repeated issues with players switching off/losing really soft goals. Also won’t acknowledge the fact that when we needed a goal we created absolutely nothing in the last 10 mins and passed the ball about the back for 30 seconds, to let Raith players reset, before slowly moving forward with the ball. The fact we seem to lose every 50/50 in big games is an issue, but he just seems to accept that and claim we played well anyway.

Doesn't surprise me, if he somehow couldn't see that we were playing with an injured keeper and that it might be an idea to try and exploit it then I wouldn't have much faith in him doing the right things to fix your squad.

6 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I’m not surprised that we lost, and to be fair we were way better than I thought we would have been. 
We all know that top teams can grind out a result against the toughest of opposition, and Rovers showed that today. 
I must admit, and I’m sure the unblinkered Rovers fans will agree that our makeshift Pars team did themselves proud today, even in defeat. I’m taking nothing away from a Rovers team that are flying right now, they are the best championship team I’ve seen this season, but I’m delighted by the performance our boys put in today. 
I expected to see us lose today, but we gave a bloody good account of ourselves in this match against the most in form team in this league. 
I’m a happy Pars fan today despite our lack of options for a starting 11. 
im happy in the knowledge that we can only get stronger as our lads come back from injury, and hopefully more so with the chance to strengthen in this window 

Tiny wee team mentality. You’ve just been pumped for the fourth time this season, this time at home by a team with a one legged goalie and you’re on here praising your side. Levels to this game, I suppose. 

Went pretty much as expected. 

Raith are just way ahead of us at the moment. Even if they're no playing fantastic they have a lot more quality and depth. 

Standard two center half injuries as well. No surprise there. 

Gotta be happy to get a goal, a nice one too. 

Kudos to the Raith keeper, he kens he's a wee fanny and is excellent at it. 

Well an entertaining game with decent chances for both to win it thankfully it was us who took the points. First, hope the lad who was stretchered off isn’t too badly hurt as it looked a sore one. Both sides had decent spells and spells where they seemed to totally lose concentration.  Few decent saves by both keepers.  Good crowd at both ends over 8000 is greet to see. We really needed a win after the last couple of wasted chances. 

Just now, Scary Bear said:

Shout out to the stewards for preventing the pyro getting in today. Good job 👍 lads! 

Maybe if they’d done a better job Dunfermline would’ve got another goal at the only point in the game where they were well on top. In the end, their thick as dogshit wee ultras stopped the game from restarting and we got ourselves together and Dunfermline lost all their momentum. Doubt there’ll be many hospitals missing their brain surgeons this afternoon cause they were too busy throwing rolled up bits of paper in the NW. 

2 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

At least we managed a couple of draws!

You’re not wrong. But I questioned/criticised McGlynn after at least 3 of the games and praised McPake for his tactics. But McPake now seems incapable of changing it up to win the game against certain teams and will just set us up to play the exact same way every week, regardless of the opposition.

Ian Murray had three big calls to make today: do we ditch the one holding midfielder? Do we play an injured Dabrowski? What do we do in terms of our attacking options?

The change in formation to play 'Scott Byrne' worked relatively well. We still conceded a goal in the same manner that we've done before (particularly against Ayr), we didn't feel as exposed for most of the game. Dunfermline have never really look like a side who are going to be going from distance. They feel quite similar to ourselves last season, plenty of good build up but absolutely zero end product in the penalty box. I couldn't tell you a positive thing which Wighton did today, and Jakubiak for all his work doesn't look like he's anywhere remotely near a threat. 

So that brings us onto the second big call. To play Dabrowski for the full 90 minutes was very bold, but he did what he needed to do, and at the end it was clearly being milked to run the game down as the Pars looked quite toothless. Much like the first derby at East End, it was quite hard to see for all the pressure where a goal would come from for Dunfermline. 

The real difference in the game came from the call nobody is really talking about. Connolly had two assists in his last two games, but we kept Josh Mullin on the bench for all of Saturday's match against Arbroath, only to give him a full 90 today. Mullin doesn't tend to do screamers, but he offers you an absolute consistency with set pieces and today it paid off. We know O'Reilly is a threat with a decent ball, and Mullin's delivery was absolutely pinpoint. Even aside from that, you felt that our best attacks tended to come down the side with Mullin as opposed to Easton who had a quite quiet game. 

9 points, pumped out the Scottish Cup and finished behind us in the league cup. It's been a very fun season for everyone in a Rovers persuasion in this derby. 

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Maybe if they’d done a better job Dunfermline would’ve got another goal at the only point in the game where they were well on top. In the end, their thick as dogshit wee ultras stopped the game from restarting and we got ourselves together and Dunfermline lost all their momentum. Doubt there’ll be many hospitals missing their brain surgeons this afternoon cause they were too busy throwing rolled up bits of paper in the NW. 

What? I’d have said we scored against the run of play. We certainly weren’t well on top. Thought we started quite brightly for the first 10 minutes, then conceded a goal and fell apart until we got an equaliser. I’m genuinely confused that anyone would think we were ‘well on top’ when we scored.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Now, the question is, do we make up bits of A4 with ‘4 in a row’ on them, like the Pars fans did in our last relegation season back in ‘97. I’m not that petty, but others may be. 

Nah, let’s not behave like those w⚓️’s

The best the pars have been IMO against us and we weren’t at our best , More a battling performance which we have lacked the last 2 games frustrating that we sat off Dunfermline to much in the second half but we managed to see the game out , Don’t know why big Kev wasn’t targeted more by the pars but that’s McPake for you total inept as a manager TBH . Fantastic attendance from both sets of fans all the more reason to expand the spl and get the likes of Livingston and Ross county away to f@@k