Pars vs Rovers Episode V - Really, again?!

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

Pasted by your parents for looking at someone the wrong way? 

Sigh! 

23 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I used that phrase to express how easy it was to feel the wrath of my dad back then. I didn’t expect someone to take it literally. Lesson learnt though. 
Anything that was deemed wrong by my dad was punishable by a  blootering. Right and wrong was dictated by my dad, and by the time I was a teenager you better believe I was keeping my nose clean. 
it not acceptable these days, but was in Abbeyview when I was a boy. 

40 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I used that phrase to express how easy it was to feel the wrath of my dad back then. I didn’t expect someone to take it literally. Lesson learnt though. 
Anything that was deemed wrong by my dad was punishable by a  blootering. Right and wrong was dictated by my dad, and by the time I was a teenager you better believe I was keeping my nose clean. 

No offence but your auld man seems like he was a p***k.

47 minutes ago, Wacky said:

"Good old days" claptrap. If it worked the list D schools, kids' homes, and Borstals would have been empty back in the day.  One thing kids with no role models and unlimited freedoms tend to get plenty of is firm back hand discipline. Never done me any harm tosh.

The lads are falling from a high height, and now their "hard man ultras" fantasy is shown up for the charade it is. If they have guidance and choose to ignore it, they should find out pretty soon their decisions have consequences. 

A chance here for both clubs to reshape the derby and how their "young teams" support. Encouraging noises from both so far. 

7 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

@virginton you'll be wanting to come in with the GIF of the old boy from The Office here, pal. 

Allow me.

7 hours ago, Wacky said:

I totally agree, I’m talking about back in my day when it was acceptable, and the police wouldn’t get involved in family matters. 
the police took me home one day in the 70’s for running away from them, I’d be about ten or eleven. They were after me thinking I’d broken a window on the clinic in Abbeyview. We were all hitting stones with a couple of golf clubs that were found in a bin, inevitably a window got broken and we all ran away. I didn’t hit the shot that did the damage, but I was skelpping stones with the rest of them. I blootered under the “flee wi the craws” mantra. Sadly that was accepted in those days. 
taking phones and computer games away seems to be the norm nowadays 

kKV.gif.84b5773a1032c893e6a4ba60fa1b579c.gif

48 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

The young lad who was attacked is invited to training with the first team and travelling on the team bus to the game on sat , hopefully he has a good time and gives him a happy memory

IMG_3962.png

Well done everyone for trying to help the lad form good memories out of this traumatic experience for him.

I'm sure he'll be feeling a bit better on the day in the company of those on the bus. But the main thing is that he doesn't have recurring issues with being alone on a street especially in the dark, or uncertainty attending Rovers games or other places, venues, etc., going forward from here.

19 minutes ago, embow said:

Well done everyone for trying to help the lad form good memories out of this traumatic experience for him.

I'm sure he'll be feeling a bit better on the day in the company of those on the bus. But the main thing is that he doesn't have recurring issues with being alone on a street especially in the dark, or uncertainty attending Rovers games or other places, venues, etc., going forward from here.

Definitely this mate 

Football rivalries are one thing.  What happened on Saturday to the lad is beyond disgusting.  Yes, they were in the ground following the Pars, but cannot tar their whole support with the same brush.  Vast majority are just football fans, and don't forget, chose to follow their local team and not the bigot brothers in Glasgow.
Glad to see that Dunfermline have come out to condemn the incident, and will ban the neds.  Also that a section of their fans have offered to pay for damage to the lads hearing aids.  Proves that they are just like me and you, fans who want to watch their club through thick and thin, and have the rivalries and pantomime villians with the usual banter between.  Good to see every Pars fan on here also condemning this tarnish on their reputation.
The Rovers also have our own gang of ned fannies that think they can do what they like.  In fact it was those ned fannies that caused the battles doon the Links at the last game by taunting the Pars ones.  Wish the rovers would do something about them too.  An embarrassment to our club.
Hope the lad is OK, and doesn't get put off football by what's happened.  

This is the second time I have seen Rovers and Pars fans united about something on P&B (rightly so).  The other thing being the disregard and possible hatred of that mob from over the Kincardine Bridge.....

On 31/12/2023 at 20:19, ExiledLichtie said:

Are you lot really trying to claim your injury problems are worse than ours?  Really?  We haven't had a full bench all season, and we had to play an actual goalkeeper outfield, while having a backline of 3 midfielders and a full back.  Its quite pathetic listening to the big full time team trying to claim they are somehow much worse off than anyone else.

I feel like I owe everyone an apology, I really had assumed that Dunfermline were just bleating about a couple of wee injuries.  Having watched the QP game, things really are bad, eh?  Sorry!

8 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I feel like I owe everyone an apology, I really had assumed that Dunfermline were just bleating about a couple of wee injuries.  Having watched the QP game, things really are bad, eh?  Sorry!

No worries. I’m guessing you could see the numbers being listed and thought we were exaggerating.  The only thing that has prevented us doing what you did and playing a keeper outfield is the existence of an u18s team, without that we probably finish tonight with 2 keepers outfield and o’halloran struggling on along with summers and wighton.

We aren’t the only ones to suffer injuries and we are in danger of getting sucked into a woe is us scenario which mcpake called out after the game tonight, but it’s by far the worst I’ve ever known.

Edited by parsforlife

Good to see the polis genuinely following through on what happened after the Raith game: https://www.scotland.police.uk/what-s-happening/news/2024/january/arrests-following-assault-in-dunfermline/ 

Three male youths, aged 16, 15 and 14 have been arrested and charged in connection with the assault of a 17-year-old man in Dunfermline. 

The incident happened around 5.30pm on Tuesday, 2 January, 2024, following the Dunfermline Athletic and Raith Rovers football match.

Three males aged 17, 15 and 20, were previously arrested and charged in connection.

They have been released on an undertaking to appear at Dunfermline Sheriff Court at a later date.

Enquiries are ongoing.