🔴🟡Thistle vs Queens Park⚫️⚪️ - Tuesday 2nd Janaury 2024

Happy New Year! (When it comes) 

Not exactly filled with confidence after last nights showing, but I didn’t realistically expect anything from that game anyway. Highly doubt we will have anyone new in for this game but potentially one or two may have departed by then.
Please win Jags.

Thank you.

Earlier this year I extended my Christmas holiday from work to make sure I could go to this game.

I’ve since cancelled it and will instead be going into the office for a more enjoyable experience.

We are in worse shape than at any other point facing Thistle in the Championship. An absolute rabble, we will be swatted aside with ease.

8 minutes ago, Southsideforever said:

We all need to be behind the team and coaches at this time. It’s easy when the going is good, when it’s not going well we need to dig deep. I hope we have a good support for this one, the players deserve it.

I like the principle but If there’s anyone that’s been digging deep over the last few years associated to the club it’s the supporters. From the shambles with Lesser to what we’ve witnessed this season, it’s wild many of us have made it this far before deciding to protect our sanity. 

I’m at the stage where I’m going out of sheer habit and sunk cost rather than any actual enjoyment.

On the game, can’t see anything other than the inevitable. My main hope is by Tuesday we have a new manager in the stands ready to take over in the next few days.

19 minutes ago, Southsideforever said:

We all need to be behind the team and coaches at this time. It’s easy when the going is good, when it’s not going well we need to dig deep. I hope we have a good support for this one, the players deserve it.

I’ve seen plenty more pish Queen’s Park teams than I have good ones in my decades supporting the team. 

A couple of seasons in the mid 90s, 2001/2 and 2013/14 stand out in particular but they were all inherently more enjoyable than what has gone on recently. You had a sense then that everyone was trying their best with the limited tools they had, whether that be on the park or off the park and there remained a sense of togetherness.

Losing games we are used to…….but throw in the stadium debacle, philosophyball, “Bar 1867”, snail-paced progress with the Foundation, non existent comms and a cabal of highly paid yet invisible people then it’s easy to understand why some people are taking some time away.

11 minutes ago, an86 said:

Will be our lowest ever Firhill support. Be lucky if we take 200. Will only be the habituals, the lunatics and the people who hate life. See you in the Star and Garter. 

come at me kelsey grammer GIF by HULU

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

29 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Never like facing an opponent when they are down on their uppers but I am expecting a win.

Won't be easy as some QP fans have stated, but will go for a 2 - 1 home win.

On the basis of today's second half performance you will put four past us.

12 hours ago, Southsideforever said:

We all need to be behind the team and coaches at this time. Its easy when the going is good, when its not going well we need to dig deep. I hope we have a good support for this one, the players deserve it.

I have attended and supported this team for over 70 years. I do not need to be told what I need to do. In all those years I have witnessed some incredible highs and lows but never in that time has our club been in such a precarious state of disappearing down the plughole through such ineptitude as I witnessed yesterday. The difference now is that these players are taking decent money for this rubbish. In the past the players at times were lacking in skills but never in enthusiasm and love of the game. I don't see that trait in the present lot. The players deserve exactly what they give.

Please, please no Bannigan again up front behind Graham.....utter shambles against United with two of the most pedestrian players in league as our attacking spearhead.

Get McInroy further forward where he belongs and is  more effective.