Hibernian - Motherwell [02/01/24]

37 minutes ago, ropy said:

There is a suggestion that the Motherwell allocation is sold out, do they open up an extra section in that situation? Or stick with an empty stand?

I am not sure mate, in previous years Hibs also sold tickets on the day from the wee portacabin next to the South Stand - I "think" I have seen this in operation this season, but cant be 100% sure.

General point - It seems that a lot of clubs (inc us) now sell e-tickets direct to away fans - which I am a fan of - but dont really clarify if "on the day" tickets will be available for walk up punters.

Feels like yet another example of fairly obvious fan requirements being ignored as per............

Hopefully someone can clarify for you.

Hny to everyone, hope it's a more enjoyable first foot for the visitors of course.

You'd assume the situation with tickets would be resolved easily but Scottish football is almost unique in the extent it wants more customers while making it very hard for customers to turn up.

I have a sneaky feeling we'll get something, based mainly on Hibs having a wobble after their new manager bounce. We're still a complete liability at the back and as nice as the finishes on Saturday were, we will certainly find attacking harder this time.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

There is a suggestion that the Motherwell allocation is sold out, do they open up an extra section in that situation? Or stick with an empty stand?

We've sold out our allocation at ER before (more to do with the small allocation rather than some huge support) and the rest of the lower tier was left empty. It may be that Hibs are paying a certain number of stewards or something but it seems weird - and there were definitely only a handful of seats left on Hibs' Ticketmaster when I got mine yesterday which was a surprise.

On the game - not confident despite our win on Saturday. Hibs are inconsistent but their attack will have fun against our horrendous defence (which to be fair seems to be slightly better away from home) and I can't remember Boyle having a bad game against us over the years. If we could sneak something, it would be a big morale boost going into the break..

4 hours ago, Swello said:

We've sold out our allocation at ER before (more to do with the small allocation rather than some huge support) and the rest of the lower tier was left empty. It may be that Hibs are paying a certain number of stewards or something but it seems weird - and there were definitely only a handful of seats left on Hibs' Ticketmaster when I got mine yesterday which was a surprise.

On the game - not confident despite our win on Saturday. Hibs are inconsistent but their attack will have fun against our horrendous defence (which to be fair seems to be slightly better away from home) and I can't remember Boyle having a bad game against us over the years. If we could sneak something, it would be a big morale boost going into the break..

Is Boyle not away with Australia?

Like, don't get me wrong I still think we'll lose but I'm fairly sure I'd read that Hibs had a bunch of players missing although from the sounds of it we're going to be missing a few with injury anaw.

I get the impression that this is a fixture that's just a pain in the arse for both teams tbqh.

This isn't where I saw it but here's the quote:

“We did ask for all the selected players to be available for the Motherwell game and go the next day," said Montgomery. "But I understand if they let one or two then every club will want their players to do the same and it becomes an issue.  We officially asked and were told they need to be released on January 1.

"It’s frustrating for me but what we can’t do is dwell on it. You have to move on and get on with it.  They were understanding before and Martin has been involved in the national team for a while and missed out on the World Cup, which was hard for him. 

“They have every right to call him up and we can’t block it. So we have to accept it and move on."

Link

Edited by capt_oats

35 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Is Boyle not away with Australia?

Oh that's a - shame. For entertainment's sake, you always want to see the best players *cough*

giphy.gif

There seems to be plenty of away tickets left. I think it MIGHT be another area they have opened as mine is for Area/block 29 and the seats listed are for area/block 30.

Sorry if im wrong as im not familiar with the layout for Hibs stadium.

Screenshot_20240101_204958_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a5d4aa4822493e2e6eac498b35c613e1.jpg

As for the game, happy for a draw, hope for a win, won't be too upset at a loss. If we get something from here it will really help with the momentum. We have a, relatively, easy game with Alloa following the break so we really need to make a modt of this.

Bloody ridiculous having this game at 3pm on a fucking Tuesday.

A lot of works don’t get the 2nd, would likely have gone to this if it was an evening game or the traditional New Year’s Day game.

I also just assumed this was a 7:45 kick off so won’t be making it either due to a family bloody lunch thing. Don’t think there’s a legal ppv either? 

Boyle missing is a bonus for us and Rocky B missing is a bonus for Hibs. 

I think we need to build on our first win in 119 days. Another 3 points would leave me feeling a lot more positive but if we have the same formation as Saturday I fear we’ll lose.

26 minutes ago, EK2DK said:

Pubs for well fans tomorrow? 

Depends what you want and which direction your coming from.

If coming via Meadowbank retail park, Artisan at Abbeyhill is good.

If coming down Easter Road, Mash Tun is decent.

Jeremiah's Taproom at the top of Leith Walk has a big selection of real ales and craft beer - expensive though.